PDA

View Full Version : Altared States

Sabrielle
12-30-2002, 09:59 PM
46 and 2 conjures up all kinds of mysterious dark enlightenment. The meaning I derive from the song is embracing that about ourselves which we despise and are afraid to face and using it to better ourselves. Often times we can allow our fears to envelope us in terror without looking at the darkness and examining our rotten spots more objectively. It also reminds me of a native American folk story about the crow. There is a legend that the crow became black because it picked its shadow until it came alive and consumed it. I think this can happen to an individual if they don't deal with their/accept the onyx in themselves. I also had imagined one time in an altered state that it is a revolution of thought where your shadow is your friend and you can be reborn through the void and renewed by having the courage to leap into the darkness of your experiences.

Reverus
04-22-2003, 01:52 AM
I see how you are saying that it makes you think of delving into the shadow...the darkness of ones self, in order to experience growth. I can see how knowing ones weakness, ones own deepest darkest 'evils' could create growth. Anytime we know more about ourselves we grow.
I was told once that our expectations, and our fears of others are only reflections of our own habit...er...thats basically what i was told. The jist of it was that if you fear others around you are for example lying to you, it may be a indicater that you yourself would lie in the same situation. thus, the evils that you view around you may be a product of your own perception...a reflection of a part of your 'shadow' you are unwilling to accept.
Also, when i hear this song my mind sees this: An individual undergoing a physical and spiritual evolution.

i see a human who has melded with their sub-concious, colective unconscious perhaps. tapping into all their memory, all the darkest parts of their mind, muscle memory...concious at all times of all experiences that they have ever had...able to make the infintesimal and instant calculations of the subconscious mind enabling the full physical capability of the human mind/body... like in the matrix exept you cant really bend the rules. With such a knowlege one could more than predict..instantly, the outcomes of certain events occuring around them, wheiter certain types of body language, tones, words, actions would create a certain desired effect, and they would be able to carry this out consciously. My friend (rest in peace) and i would imagine such things as hitting light switches without looking, walking eyes closed through areas you have seen before, running considerably faster, jumping higher (due to the knowlege)
Basically the shift in conciousness of the sci-fi 46&2 evolution would go from being conscious of yourself at a single moment and your seperation from your surroundings/other beings. to being conscious of yourself in all moments past and your connectedness with your surroundings/environment.

The ability to consciously manipulate our believed physical reality through the limits and bounds of our believed laws to produce any desired means within those limits and bounds, utilizing a seemingly endless and powerfull internal source derived from a constant consciousness of all experiences and the logic thierin at the same time....if you catch my drift.

kinda like an omnipotence of our own little world of experience.

it requires a willpower though...a willingness... a choice...
you choose to live and to
Grow, take and give and to
Move, learn and love and to
Cry, kill and die and to
Be paranoid and to
Lie, hate and fear and to
Do what it takes to move through.

I choose to live and to
Lie, kill and give and to
Die, learn and love and to
Do what it takes to step through.

master of your own reality...but only within physical limitations