PDA

View Full Version : Triad

etherealtune
11-19-2002, 06:51 PM
when i listen to the song triad and hear the three instruments playig and comng together so well, and especially after hearing the song live twice on both occasions the experience goes beyond detail, but it creates the image in my mind of and actual triad of sorts, like a mystical symbol which the song has come to represent to me, as not only a song but a symbol of the coming together of things, almost as an occult symbol.

the song conjures up images of what danny has near him near him during the performances ive seen. and in each time that i have heard it everyone around me was so drawn into the music and so in tune that it is almost trance like, in the way that disposition's mantra of Watch the Weather Change, triad has its own instrumental mantra which is on effort of the entire band.

paraflux
11-25-2002, 01:41 PM
After reflection, when we realize we are going to create on a new dimension as a whole, I think Triad is the result of that realization. It kinda sounds like swirling gas like a new star is being born, like we go and plant the seed. Then the music fades back, and the middle part is kinda like a clock waiting for the explosion. When the explosion comes, it is like the first part of the song, only more powerful and realized, created. Established.

IC
12-05-2002, 12:08 PM
Well, Adam may not be Jimi Hendrix, but he's got some cool ideas. Justin slams in this song. And Danny does some of the coolest subtles things. Like when they break and he does about 5 things with 4 limbs. He is swinging (not really, but doing a rythem) on the ride cymble, doing double bass trills, bashing a bell on every first beat, and trading off hands to do tom fills...i long to see it done live.

LazyE462
12-24-2002, 08:19 AM
I see a lot of comparisons to players like Page and Hendrix with Adam. As a drummer (so spare me some slack here), i have no real knowledge of eithers tehnical ability. I personally think that Adam is a much better SONGWRITER than Hendrix. I feel that Hendrix was so original for his time, and nobody did what he did bacck then, so i have the greatest respect for him. However, I think that Hendrix really wrote a lot of songs that were one dimensional, only showing his own talents. I think Tool's songs show everyones talent equally, and much of that has to do with Adam not being so "over the top", and just coming up with great guitar parts that the band can work around.

OpiAtE_666
01-08-2003, 08:38 PM
Adam's not very good, technically. I think songwriting is more important than technical ability though.

MahdHatre
01-23-2003, 10:05 PM
Whenever I'm pissed off, if I play this song (guitar) I feel much better. Its one of TOOL's best songs (if u choose to classify them)
It dawns a sort of realization of beauty and power. (Paraflux's idea in a nutshell)

If u combined Page and Jone's talents into one, u'd have a god, or deity, wtfever. Yet I still think Adam is the better song writer. His music goes together perfectly with the rest of TOOL. While Page just tries his best to show off while trying to stay with the feel. I never did understand the point of finger-tapping.