PDA

View Full Version : Inconsistent BPM standard.

Elgyn
03-08-2004, 04:26 PM
I'm having trouble at the moment keeping a constant beat per minute between CoolEdit Pro and Fruity Loops. I have them both set to the same tempo, yet they eventually go out of sync.

Anyone else experienced a similar problem between audio programs?
Any ideas?

psilomind
03-08-2004, 04:50 PM
hm... I've gotten stuff from those two programs to sync up pretty well before, so I'm not sure...

BPM seems like a pretty straight-forward measurement. If it really is somehow off, you might be able to chop up the recording into smaller pieces so that it won't have much time to run off course, but I don't know how seamless that would be.

Also, check your sample rates.

elevate
03-08-2004, 05:01 PM
In Fruity Loops, in your export settings, are you setting it to "Wrap Remainder", "Leave Remainder", or "Cut off Remainder"?

Elgyn
03-09-2004, 07:44 PM
Eeek!

I'm seriously new to Fruity Loops... I would have used the default I'd say. I know a few things, and I'm certain I had the BPM on 100.00

Hurter Vileslay
03-10-2004, 01:24 AM
In Fruity Loops, in your export settings, are you setting it to "Wrap Remainder", "Leave Remainder", or "Cut off Remainder"?

I would say wrap remainder or cut off remainder would be the ones to go for.

Eeek!

I'm seriously new to Fruity Loops... I would have used the default I'd say. I know a few things, and I'm certain I had the BPM on 100.00

It's easy enough to do. When you export to .wav or .mp3 there are boxes to select the options above.

Leave remainder lets the notes ring out beyond the end of the last bar, so might cause it to not loop properly or the BPM to not work right

Also in Cool Edit it is possible to calculate tempo information from your loop.
Can't remember exactly what it is, but if you go to the ruler settings (where you change between seconds, samples and beats) and at the bottom there is an option called "set tempo" or something similar. If you select a section of the audio equal to a number of bars and then choose this option you can set the Cool Edit tempo to exactly the tempo of Fruityloops.

Elgyn
03-10-2004, 02:36 PM
Thanks a heap guys, that seems to have solved my dilemna.