PDA

View Full Version : You know you've been listening to too much tool when...

4nick8
12-30-2002, 01:28 PM
Sorry, though it flies in the face of the intellect that this site shows, I found it obligatory.

You know you've been listening too much when you actually believe you have a 3rd eye.

What can you all come up with?

MushroomStamp
12-30-2002, 01:56 PM
Sorry for not following the form, but you actually do have a third eye. Your pineal gland has rods, cones, and all the facilities necessary for sight. The only problem is that it is smack in the center of your head. Oh well.

4nick8
12-30-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by MushroomStamp
Sorry for not following the form, but you actually do have a third eye. Your pineal gland has rods, cones, and all the facilities necessary for sight. The only problem is that it is smack in the center of your head. Oh well.

Oh.

:: cuts a hole smack in the center of his own head ::

I don't see any better at all.

:: passes out ::

rickiep00h
01-05-2003, 04:33 PM
hehehehe... silly bastard.

Jebus
01-06-2003, 03:55 AM
Shit, I think you killed him

Windowlicker
01-06-2003, 04:56 AM
Is that really?
But if you remove that part of your head. Can you see then with your third eye?

crow011
01-06-2003, 05:14 PM
i think im going to be sick . . .

porcelain anima
01-08-2003, 02:59 PM
you know you've been listening to tool too much when your friends all gang up an kill you cause you're so boring

i only know because my friends probably want to do that.. they think tool is boring

48&2
01-12-2003, 10:05 PM
that guy that started this thread hasnt listened to enough tool

pushit_kirsty
01-14-2003, 11:21 PM
you name your kids Danny, Adam, Justin, Maynard, James.... and if they are girls Dannie, Justine, Maynardette, Jamie, or Adama.

that is when therapy is the best option

rickiep00h
01-15-2003, 02:10 AM
Maynardette... that's classic. :)

Ultimaterializr
01-17-2003, 11:22 PM
.....when you sing their songs in your sleep...

normz
01-18-2003, 05:19 PM
When ur friends don't even ask what ur listening to when u've got ur heaphones in they automatically assume its Tool

OR

When all u ever dream about is Tool adding a 5th memeber........ me *giggles* lol well maybe my subconcious is telling me something

peace out

normz

Cronos
01-18-2003, 08:16 PM
When you ACTUALLY DO think Maynard is God.

Boom I win!

kukuelani
01-19-2003, 10:21 AM
you know you've been listening to too much tool when you and your friends get in heated debates as to the religious preferences of the band members

hoogamaphone
01-24-2003, 09:18 AM
... when everything you experience relates to a Tool song in some way.

48&2
01-25-2003, 03:30 AM
when you spend countless hours on tdn, arggh someone please set me free!

Over The Rainbo
01-25-2003, 08:20 PM
You know you have been listening to too much tool when you spend $25,000 to have your genitals crafted to look like maynard's face

Metatron's Cube
01-26-2003, 05:54 AM
You may be listening to too much Tool when...

While sitting at a stoplight behind a van that read "Macher Swim School" you thought how funny it would be if their slogan was "Learn to Swim", then tell all of your friends about it, and even post about it on TDN like it was the funniest thing that ever happened.

Thrakandor
01-28-2003, 04:13 PM
When ur friends don't even ask what ur listening to when u've got ur heaphones in they automatically assume its Tool

... when everything you experience relates to a Tool song in some way.

While sitting at a stoplight behind a van that read "Macher Swim School" you thought how funny it would be if their slogan was "Learn to Swim", then tell all of your friends about it, and even post about it on TDN like it was the funniest thing that ever happened.

Yea... all of the above... and when you're pissed off with someone you find yourself muttering "You'd better learn to fucking swim you fucking piece of mutter mutter mutter" etc

polarforsker
01-29-2003, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Over The Rainbo
You know you have been listening to too much tool when you spend $25,000 to have your genitals crafted to look like maynard's face

woof... over the top... that one got me! I want my money back!!! :-O

GernBlanston
01-29-2003, 11:32 PM
...you actually signed up for swimming lessons on maynard's recommendation.

...you wait countless hours with seven toolchat windows up to see if they drop by.

...you find yourself tilling the earth out back for your new carrot garden.

...you start to analyze and nit-pick EVERYTHING.

...you rent terminator 2 and jurassic park and watch the credits in slo-mo searching for adam's name.

...you actually licked the salival cover.

...you truly believe they are aliens.

Jack Handy
01-29-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by pushit_kirsty
you name your kids Danny, Adam, Justin, Maynard, James.... and if they are girls Dannie, Justine, Maynardette, Jamie, or Adama.

that is when therapy is the best option

You could go ahead and name your daughter maynard and she could just go by may.

Over The Rainbo
01-30-2003, 01:16 PM
"...you actually licked the salival cover. "
i dont get it

Nargaroth
01-30-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by MushroomStamp

It is also sensitive to light.

Yeah I know that was a while ago.. But I have just arrived.

m4yn4rd
01-30-2003, 02:38 PM
these are all experiences i have had....

1. you randomly get up in the middle of class and in big salival writing you write accross the whole chalkboard "TOOL" and draw many a' pictures to go with it, while the whole class and teacher is telling me to sit down or stop, but i just block them out of my brain.

2. you dont do anywork in school and do many sketches of things relating to tool and ppl say that "your a freak" but no... they are the freaks

3. you wake up thinking your listening to schism and you could have sworn u heard it, go downstairs ask someone if they heard the music, and no, they didnt

4. when you experience these experiences

spiralion
01-30-2003, 03:12 PM
I used to be like that (as in most of the things mentioned in this thread, anyone else know what I am talking about, you know writing the lyrics of eraser on your school folder or drawint the NIN logo everywhere you can) and still say that Trent is God.

......when you make a thread like this one :P

Shadowfax
02-01-2003, 11:00 PM
You can't listen to too much Tool unless you listen to it more than the amount of time you are alive.....because that would be very odd...

thebeast
02-08-2003, 06:37 AM
ahahahahah my girlfriend and i are naming our first boy james-maynard
lmao *big grin*

holy reality
02-08-2003, 11:47 AM
3. you wake up thinking your listening to schism and you could have sworn u heard it, go downstairs ask someone if they heard the music, and no, they didnt

Wow.... I so did that with Third Eye once... I posted about it here.... basically I stopped listening to it, laid down, blacked out, and all of a sudden I was hearing it in my mind, and when it ended I came out of the trance/blackout and tried to take my headphones off, because I heard the song/album end....but I didn't have any on..... it was so damn cool!

I'm extremely ifascinated by the claim that the pineal gland has rods/cones and all the things necessary for sight....

normz
02-08-2003, 06:04 PM
LOL these are all soo funny or my personal favourites

You write in big black nicko pen tool quotes on the desks at school

You sit in mass which u are forced to go to by a god damn fucking catholic school humming Eulogy

You regularly give urself tattos saying "OGT" and laugh at other peoples ignorance when they dont get it

CharcolFlame
02-08-2003, 09:07 PM
theese happend to me

when u go into hebrew school with ur hedfones under ur hoodie and are listening to disgustabated and suddenly u scream out " i have seen the light they have a conciousness!!!" and ur teecha goes what the fuck!!? and u go can i get an amen?

when ur freinds no the lyrics to tool songs kuz u sing em so mucha and they hav never herd a tool song

when ur girlfrend screems at u becuz u hang up on her kuz ur listenin to tool

when u draw lil eyes with 2 pupil all over ur pants in permanent marker

when u ask ur science teacher if we can learn about 46 & 2 as a unit

when ur making a sermon for hebrew school and u quote tool songs

when ur aenimia cd is so scratched up from listenin too it that all of the songs skip like hell (aenima is the 1st cd i got)

when uve listened to mor tool then all of the other music uve ever herd combined(i donno but i think allota us ar close)

aeonblue
02-09-2003, 07:20 AM
heheh... those all were funny as hell :)
Well, I always write Tool's lyrics on my notebooks' covers, and i wrote the lyrics for APC's Judith on my R.E. notebook. My R.E. teahcer didn't like it. Kinda funny. I wonder why.

Flood
02-09-2003, 01:19 PM
I always try to draw the Undertow Ribcage on my folders.

Andy
02-09-2003, 05:49 PM
I don't think its possible to listen to too much Tool...for me its get better every time I listen to it :)

Sora
02-09-2003, 08:18 PM
When you write Tool lyrics on your finals at the end of the school year and you pass all of them because your teachers don't want to feel ignorant because they think you are actually relating to the subject and they don't understand it.

When you kidnap L. Ron Hubbard, tie him up, and sodomize him.

When you get what looks like a vagina tattooed on your forehead.

When you spend countless hours at the park going down the curly slide and claiming to "ride the spiral".

When you cover your hands in dog poop so you can have a "Stinkfist"

When you pose as a doctor in a maternal ward in a hospital and go around choking babies.

When you write OGT on a piece of paper and stick it to peoples backs who are always claiming to be "bigger Tool fans than you" but yet they ask what it means.

When you take down the flag in front of your school before school starts and write TOOL in permament marker accross it and put it back up.

When you put your radio in front of your computer screen and play negative ions to see if anything happens.

When you commit a felony, get caught, and beg other men in jail to rape you.

And finally when you skip homework to write ways to find out if you listen to Tool too much on t.d.n

Convoy_X
02-10-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Ultimaterializr
.....when you sing their songs in your sleep...

oh shit i did that and woke up my wife, she said i was yelling at her all night.... must have been something off of “Opiate”

when you can get in front of you public speaking class and get them to say amen and halaua(sp) as you read "discusidpated" to them.

4th Eye
02-10-2003, 02:16 AM
...when you yell everyone: Pezzo di merda, Figlio di Puttana!"
...when you can't sleep because you hear voices from Tool songs.
...when you write "see you auntie" everywhere
...when you log in to TDN at nine in the morning

Still can't get enough of Tool............................

Convoy_X
02-10-2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by 4th Eye
...when you can't sleep because you hear voices from Tool songs.

oh shit i did that too but it was my Drill sergeant from basic singing "Jerk off" is that odd?

watchtheweather
02-10-2003, 03:07 PM
when you put reflection on repeat every night before u go to sleep. that probably has some sort of affect on me o well

THCvocals
02-10-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Over The Rainbo
"...you actually licked the salival cover. "
i dont get it

Supposedly the silver square on the salvia cover is acid... hence licking the cover

holy reality
02-10-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by THCvocals
Supposedly the silver square on the salvia cover is acid... hence licking the cover

Well in that case maybe I'll open this copy of salival sitting here on top of my desk!

(i'll probably lick the damned thing out of curiosity now....)

Anyway I thought that was hilarious about going down a curly slide to "ride the spiral"

I always make tool references and my friends don't get it.... like we were talking about something relating to water and I said "undertow" excitedly... and they are like "oook" and I said it again a few more times....

Ahhhh you konw what I did today.... I looked up the elements to La-Te-Ra-Lu-S in a book and had my friend write them down and told her to ask her chemistry teacher about them... she did and she said the teacher is going to look it up and see if anything is made out of that.....

My aim icon is the lateralus man with the spiral in the background on the cd booklet.

I walk around with lateralus stuck in my head all day.

I tell people that have never even listened to tool about "toolgasms" and my experiences with them, and about intriguing things such as fibinocci spirals and third eyes.

Jack Handy
02-10-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Sora
When you write Tool lyrics on your finals at the end of the school year and you pass all of them because your teachers don't want to feel ignorant because they think you are actually relating to the subject and they don't understand it.

HAHA, for my final the professor said we can write about anything so i (ofcourse) interpreted TOOL songs. i got an A i think and passed the class. huray for school and huray for TOOL!

a_divine_martyr
02-11-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Sora
When you write OGT on a piece of paper and stick it to peoples backs who are always claiming to be "bigger Tool fans than you" but yet they ask what it means.

What in the fuck DOES OGT mean?

Sora
02-11-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by a_divine_martyr
What in the fuck DOES OGT mean?

Orginal Gangster TOOL
Someone who thinks just because they have been listening to TOOL longer than you have, or hav more shirts or something stupid like that they are bigger fans.
Think about Hooker With a Penis

TheKnowingDirge
02-20-2003, 09:13 PM
...You're completely obsessed with telling people to shroom out and listen to Lateralus.

By the way, if anyone hasn't shroomed out and listened to lateralus, WHAT THE FUCK IS WHONG WITH YOU!?

(Can I get an 'amen'?)

Andy
02-21-2003, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by TheKnowingDirge
[B By the way, if anyone hasn't shroomed out and listened to lateralus, WHAT THE FUCK IS WHONG WITH YOU!?

(Can I get an 'amen'?) [/B]

AMEN

holy reality
02-21-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by TheKnowingDirge
...You're completely obsessed with telling people to shroom out and listen to Lateralus.

By the way, if anyone hasn't shroomed out and listened to lateralus, WHAT THE FUCK IS WHONG WITH YOU!?

(Can I get an 'amen'?)

Well iinstead of yelling at me you could give me some shrooms......

anyways I licked salivals square last night lol, and of course nothing happened.....

PearlForum
02-21-2003, 07:16 PM
yah from what i know its extremely sensitive to light but thats where 3-lens sun glasses come into play

Macrame
03-08-2003, 12:17 PM
I just recently introduced Tool to my choir teacher. (I think that's a big one)

Yeah ... you listen to too much tool when you:

Randomly shouting out "LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES!" in your school halls.

When you sing over the phone because you would rather listen to Tool than have an interesting discussion.

When you put on "Intolerance" just to give other people that suffocating feeling from the intro.

When you feel like you have to show the "Prison Sex" music video to absolutely everybody you see.

When you ride the spiral to the end.