PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Thought

ÆnimaticEnigma
03-06-2004, 05:38 PM
I was reading "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown and I recognized this passage form it which seemed amazingly interesting to this song... just a thought. I know that Prison Sex wouldn't quite fit into this with some of its lyrics; don't call me ignorant. But when I thought about the song's summary, it reminded me a little of this. I know that Prison Sex probably isn't about sex at all, but this is the history of the religions views on sex, and it may have to do with the main character in prison sex's thoughts...

"Historically, intercourse was the act through which male and female experienced God. The ancients belived that the male was spiritually incomplete until he had carnal knowledge of the sacred feminine. Physical union with the female remained the sole means through which man could become spiritually complete and ultimately achieve 'gnosis'-- the knowledge of the divine."

Maybe Maynard is talking about finding God in this whole experience. It isn't by any means an accurate conclusion, or even what I got out of it, but it gives you something to think about :)