PDA

View Full Version : Triad is a reference to the Holy Three!

Pinenut
03-06-2004, 12:15 AM
Disposition/Reflection/Triad is the best song ever made. It is the ultimate story about how a spiritual enlightment happens.

The word "disposition" means your current state of being, or your current way of looking at the world. The words to disposition are: Mention this to me, mention something, mention anything...Oh watch the weather change. For whatever reason, when you decide you want God to "mention something, mention anything" you have started the process the disp/reflec/triad song describes. When you acquire the desperate disposition of wanting God to mention something, mention anything, He will mention something and He will make your weather change.

So after you have the vulnerable disposition of wanting God to make your weather change, you go through the process outlined in Reflection. The entire song is quite straightforward, I don't know how I listened to it for 2 1/2 years without getting it. Anyway the first part is talking about how you feel when you finally decide you have had enough and you want some help from God to pull you out of your hole.

"I have come curiously close to the end, down within my self-indulgent pitiful hole. Defeated, I concede and move closer (to the ultimate bottom) i may find comfort in, I may find peace within the emptiness...how pitiful."

When you realize that it is pitiful that you may find peace within the emptiness, that's when you will know that "It's calling me...(He's) calling me."

It is in that darkest moment, when you are fetal and weeping that the moon will finally tell you a secret. It is in the darkest moment you must realize that from the moons perspective, "As bright and full as I am, this light is not my own". The source of the light that strikes the moon is bright and endless, and resusitates the hopeless. Without the light we are nothing but lifeless satellites drifting. The light is God. The light is God's existence and love for all of us. God's loves is bright and endless and boy it sure resusitates the hopeless. The light we see from the moon is just the result of the million light reflections that strike it. The source of the light is the Sun, or the life giving fusion ball God has so kindly made for us. That is quite a powerful secret for the moon to tell. Please hear it when it tells you that, don't get any more close to the bottom of your hole.

Because of this "secret" that the moon tells you, (although it ain't much of a secret. This "secret" is known to billions of people around the world.) you need to pull your head out. When you finally do pull your head out you will be left without one doubt as to what the moon has told you. You will realize that you don't want to be down there feeding your narcissism (self-love). The hardest thing you have to do is crucify your ego. Ya I know it sucks to admit you were wrong, but I promise as soon as you do admit you were wrong, the light will immediately light you out of your hole before you pine away for good. "I pray the light lifts me out...before I pine away" The light you are praying for is bright and endless and is everywhere, just waiting for you to let it touch you, waiting for you to let it resusitate you.

Because it is such a hard but important thing to do, it is repeated in the song that you must kill you ego before its far too late. It's that ego that has drove you to how you feel about everything, you have to kill it before you will be able to leave behind the negative and blind and cynical place your ego has created for you. Crucify your ego! When you do kill your ego by simply admitting you are wrong, you will come to find that we are all one mind. You will come to find that we are capable of all that's imagined and all that's conceivable.

Please just let the light touch you, let the words spill through, let them pass right through, bringing out your hope and reason." The light is everywhere, it is right next to you right now. All you have to do feel the warmth from it is just decide to let it touch you. When you allow that first touch of light onto your skin, it will feel so good you will want to just let it pass right through to your heart. Once the words have reached your heart, they will bring back for hope in this life. Your hope in humanity and how everything is playing out in the Universe.

Most importantly of all, the light will bring back your hope in reason. The feeling you will get in your heart from allowing the light in will be so incredible that it will overpower your reasoning. This won't last long though because you will soon "reason" that because of how awesome you feel with the light touching you, it must be because of the source of that light is God. You will know God loves you more than any other belief you have used reason to acquire. You will know what "Burning Knowledge" means. Burning Knowledge is a far more powerful form of knowing than just using reason to look at the world.

Back to how disposition ties in, you have to develop a bit of faith before any of these wonderful transformations can happen. By asking God to mention something, mention anything you have taken the first step into thin air. Although for a bit it may seem like you are stepping off a cliff, you will however feel your foot it solid ground. When you go to take another step, a staircase will start to appear that was there the whole time. Soon you'll start to run up it and wonder why you couldn't see it there the whole time. You couldn't see it because it will not become visible until you demonstrate some trust and take just one step over the edge.

If the name "Triad" isn't a reference to the Holy Three, I don't know what is. I believe the third part of the trilogy is a musical depiction of what you feel like after you have acheived the disposition of wanting to know and then gone through the reflection phase and allowing the light to lift you out of your hole. You will feel so alive and incredible when you have a burning knowledge that there is a God and he does actually care about you and is right there to help you. When you first experience the loving embrace God will give you to see you through, you'll finally recognize this as a holy gift and celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing. Live your life. Enjoy this planet. God wants you to be happy, he has given you plenty of help in figuring out how. Crucify your ego and let him in. I also swear I can hear the word "Wanted" in the background of Triad. The shear joy of knowing that you are wanted by the Holy Three is incredible.

"If there was no desire to heal the damaged and broken met along this tedious path I've chosen here, I certainly would have walked away by now." Consider this post an attempt to help the damaged and broked I've met along this new tedious (but wonderful) path I've chosen.

corps d'allumen
03-06-2004, 08:45 AM
God is not a man. God is not waiting around for us to discover 'him.' God does not love us; God is just there. Quite a possibility that this song is about God, but I don't think it would be about the same thing a billion other people think God is; God is not the 'man' on high, making invisible steps like in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, waiting for you to have 'faith.'

"Once the words have reached your heart, they will bring back for hope in this life." I think something in your heart that could bring back hope and the faith in humanity is LOVE. How could you possibly begin to feel the light that is God, and therefore everything else as well, without love? That's what the Merkaba teaches, love. That's what Jesus taught, that is until people killed him... That's what the christ-consciousness is, the 46&2, the open third eye, true enlightenment, whatever you want to call it.

The majority of the billions you talk about that with their 'secret' are nothing but Xtian hypocrites who worship, without understanding, what Jesus taught, at least what they're told that he taught, while 'secretly' believing that they are 'right' and that everyone else is damned to hell, unless they convert... Faith in God and faith in religion are two different things.

You would have to be Xtian in some form to quote "The Patient" to insinuate that you are somehow saving us with your God talk. I appreciate your insights, and I'm happy for you that you've found something that helps you repair your own damage, but leave the martyrdom to the martyrs. I can't appreciate the overtly religious tones. I believe in God truly, but not like that. I ditched religion to understand God.

corps d'allumen
03-06-2004, 08:49 AM
Also, I didn't think they let the Devil's tool into the pearly gates of Utah...

AllforUnity
03-09-2004, 11:32 PM
You mispelled "peanut" buddy.

Pinenut
03-10-2004, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the thoughts but: "Crucify your ego before its far too late. I pray the light lifts you out, before you pine away. Crucify your ego before its far too late to leave behind your place so negative and blind and cynical. You will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all thats imaginable and all conceivable. Just let the light touch you, let the words spill through, let them pass right through, bringing out your hope and reason...before you pine away."

"Science fails to recogzine the single most potent element of human existence, its letting the reigns go, to the unfolding, its faith, faith, faith. Spirit moves through all things." From "Science", by System of a Down.

AllforUnity
03-10-2004, 01:00 PM
l really don't see a connection.

AllforUnity
03-12-2004, 09:22 AM
Are you a schitzo mstajduh?

Peaceful Moments
03-12-2004, 09:32 AM
Interesting interpretation to say the least...

But why is Triad a reference to the Holy Three?
With your interpretation I would call it a reference to Heaven, enlighten me.

corps d'allumen
03-13-2004, 02:44 AM
Thanks for the thoughts but: "Crucify your ego before its far too late. I pray the light lifts you out, before you pine away. Crucify your ego before its far too late to leave behind your place so negative and blind and cynical. You will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all thats imaginable and all conceivable. Just let the light touch you, let the words spill through, let them pass right through, bringing out your hope and reason...before you pine away."

"Science fails to recogzine the single most potent element of human existence, its letting the reigns go, to the unfolding, its faith, faith, faith. Spirit moves through all things." From "Science", by System of a Down.
are you trying to tell me that i'm going to hell, patient?
Quit it! I'm not gonna be a Mormon, ok? ::humming 'faith' by george michael:: go pray that you can get the hell out of Utah, before you 'pine-nut away.'
"thanks for the thoughts but:" WTF is that? Oh wait I see... then you follow it with your god/maynard/Jesus/triad power-prayer. Just for me? I'm feelin the holy ghost, keep praying...

Seriously man, you're terminology says it all:
"It's calling me...(He's) calling me."
He will mention something and He will make your weather change.
The light is God's existence and love for all of us.
the life giving fusion ball God has so kindly made for us.
there is a God and he does actually care about you and is right there to help

Granted you do have some good, spiritual points, but then you turn around and say "he wants this" or"he made this" or any other crap. You'd probably swear up and down that jesus was white too. It sounds to me like you've got the 'religious-angst' You've had some healthy spiritual movement through whatever means, just not the religion you were taught. now that spiritual PRE-enlightenment clashes with all the religious crap thats been shoved down your throat. "god is a man..."or a woman for that matter. crap. god makes things specifically for us, to destroy it no less. crap. you kind of sound like sunday school on acid. and then you try to reinforce your postmodern neochristian view with system of a down lyrics. system of a down? and i know this 'religious-angst' thing pretty good when i hear it; i used to have it as well. I went to a catholic school for almost 14 years, and it took a lot to undo all of that. and you have to undo it, because it's a battle you can't win. pick a side or erase the line, just don't teter. god is just that, god.