PDA

View Full Version : Opening sequence...

sugii
03-03-2004, 05:52 PM
So I was in chemistry class today and we were learning about the history of chemistry and so on. I am going to simplify this as much as I can because it can get a bit lengthy. Anyway here is what I learned:

The video starts out with some weird looking objects, I describe them as circles with hooks. So you see these spin around for awhile, and then the camera "zooms" out and you see more and more of these objects. After it zooms out a few times it startes to take shape of the room with the alter in it. The first time I saw this I knew it had to be related to molecules or atoms, just on common logic but I didn't know what it ment.

So today we were talking about the history of chemistry and how the earliest form of chemistry is alchemy and metalurgy. The teacher explains how scientists, such as leonardo da vinci, would try to turn lead (the worlds most bland, insignificant element) into gold (the worlds most precious element). Long story short, the alchemists believe that all atoms were circles with hooks on them, and thats how they would attatch to each other and make diffrent elements. So I am thinking that the beginning of the video is refers to alchemy, because they do look like circles with hooks on them.

Now I was thinking, why would they want to put something like this in their video. After awhile of searching for answers, I came across a personal friend who says he thinks that crowley was into alchemy. So maybe? I don't know, you decide.

chriscartoonkid
03-12-2004, 06:56 AM
makes sense.

http://toolshed.down.net/opinion/forum/showthread.php?t=5511

read it. because, if you'll notice, when the apple is cut by the men at the table, after it zooms in twice, you will see a seven-pointed-star.

Peaceful Moments
03-12-2004, 08:33 AM
So today we were talking about the history of chemistry and how the earliest form of chemistry is alchemy and metalurgy. The teacher explains how scientists, such as leonardo da vinci, would try to turn lead (the worlds most bland, insignificant element) into gold (the worlds most precious element). Long story short, the alchemists believe that all atoms were circles with hooks on them, and thats how they would attatch to each other and make diffrent elements. So I am thinking that the beginning of the video is refers to alchemy, because they do look like circles with hooks on them.

Could refer to The Grudge: Let the waters kiss and transmutate this leaden grudges into gold. Maby those things symbolize grudges.

ÆnimaticEnigma
03-12-2004, 01:20 PM
Good point. BTW, what does it mean with the apple, because it goes pentacle, 6-star, then the finaly 7th star. This video eludes me except for the basic points :-\..

Talonwulf
03-12-2004, 07:21 PM
Could be about how we are connected by something [molecules, particles, atoms etc.]

Creature
05-03-2004, 02:38 PM
It could also relate matter at a low energy level.
An interesting word to contemplate in relation to this film is ' irregularity' Look closly at the 'points' that are attracted and at the general shaping. one 'point' is altered, and an approximatly opposite aleration occurs. The resulting forces cause the 'clumping' that eventualy forms the room.
Entropy conceptualy relates to the sequence, it is a mesure of the amount of disorder that a physical system. The number of rearrangements of the ingredients that leave it's overall apperence intact.
(Note, the perfect ritual, amidst this, a nose is scratched, etc)

The 'molecules' resemble, to a degree, Calabi-Yau shapes.

Also, in the 'forest' both the 'floor' and 'tree canoply' are identical.

Rhymeandreason
09-26-2004, 04:34 PM
I think those round object that it zooms out at the end are nerves, you know, they are together, they hit eachother and connect to form different changes in your brain, communication and cahnge in thought, and it zooms out to show that there are billions.