PDA

View Full Version : Push-it my thoughts

Unmorbid
03-03-2004, 11:30 AM
i just found my copy of salival again today and i immediatly was drawn to push it. the soft beginning slowely moving to a powerful climax has always been very awakening to me. oddly enough though it's also one wich has been very contoversal to me before. not controversal to myself to to many around me. the more albums that come out the more and more i hear people complain to me "where's the old aggresion and anger of Tool.......i miss it". while i admit there are periods of rage in certain songs and albums, i think that Tool gets more self explorative over the years rather than a lash out at the masses. both Salival and Aenima in my opinion are about looking at yourself and how you interact with what's going on around you. i like a little artistic rage as much as the next person but when I look at a song like Push It i see it more as a look at what's going on around you. the point of my little rant is push it is more of a balance. an evening between clear colective thinking and chaotic emotion.

well thanks for reading

FuneralDesire
03-25-2004, 04:52 PM
I fully agree. "Pushit" has to be a perfect example of a blend of the collective thinking and chaos. One of the most amazing parts I feel are the levels that build up these different emoitions and set the mood with a simple riff. Brilliance.

AllforUnity
03-25-2004, 05:54 PM
Mystery's not ready to reveal.

Luna Galapogos
03-26-2004, 08:54 AM
Mystery's not ready to reveal.

That is from a Smashing Pumpkins song on the Twilight to Starlight disc of Melon Cholie and the Infinite Sadness. In fact, it is the song "33." It fit in with what is being said here I suppose, but you didn't give credit, unless you came up with it yourself and it just so happens to completely coincide.

DistortedxUnity
03-26-2004, 09:13 AM
I fully agree. "Pushit" has to be a perfect example of a blend of the collective thinking and chaos. One of the most amazing parts I feel are the levels that build up these different emoitions and set the mood with a simple riff. Brilliance.

I agree... the motion of this song moves you just as much as the words. I don't know about you guys, but when I hear this song, I feel torn. I don't know whether to feel angry or to feel... loved, in a sense, because of the conflict in the song. Wow, just thinking of it makes me feel those exact emotions...

DistortedxUnity

X M3NTAL X
03-26-2004, 09:22 AM

Yes I agree with how that simple riff is so outstanding. A little can say alot when it comes to tool.