PDA

View Full Version : oscilloscope on crack

psilomind
03-01-2004, 01:18 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/bug/poon_returns/blooga.mp3

Yay or nay?

deviatedwolf625
03-01-2004, 07:12 PM
Well, I can hear the Tool references musically, but i can't quite name them. It sounds like NIN meets Tool.

I like it a lot psilomind. The musicianship is excellent, the transition to the second part is very excellent (about halfway through it).

What did you do the drums with? I like them distorted, they sound nice and harsh. Gives the snare a bit more snap.

I like the reverb/delay effect you used, or setting I should say. It sounds really good.

The whole damn thing sounds good.

My thumbs up!

ImACarnation
03-01-2004, 07:34 PM
Yay, definitely good work. I do hear a very slight Tool influence, as well as a Nine Inch Nail influence. The drums sorta remind me of March of The Pigs...obviously with distortion added to the mix. Keep up the good work and post more when you're able to.

psilomind
03-02-2004, 03:31 PM
What did you do the drums with?
A textbook, a computer desk, and well... a fit of sampled rage.
Added some overdrive in Fruity Loops too.

Glad you all like it :)

Anyone else? Crits are welcome.

neochrist
03-02-2004, 04:33 PM
i like it, it seems well composed

Elgyn
03-03-2004, 01:08 AM
Considering how chaotic the sounds you've used are, it works seriously well.
I only hear one channel, so I'm probably missing out on a certainly level of depth.

Yeh, that's fucking cool, I like what you're doing at around 3:00, sounds awesome. Nice.

Paladin
03-12-2004, 09:45 PM
i think your a crack whore and need to quit music now.
you heard me.
get on your horse and ride.

Paladin
03-12-2004, 09:46 PM
ummm, theres a bit too much bass frequiencies in some parts and it starts to distort...so lower that...um some clipping, fix up that distortion sound maybe. run an eq, make it sound a bit brighter...add some guitar, change the song completely....

psilomind
03-13-2004, 10:25 AM
i think your a crack whore and need to quit music now.
you heard me.
get on your horse and ride.
Haha... im flattered.

Banjos own synthesizers.