PDA

View Full Version : another world

Zinnia
12-29-2002, 07:22 PM
have you ever put a tool cd in (especialy lateralus) and just closed your eyes and let the music take over? it's amazing...it takes you to another world, and sometimes you can't help but break down in tears because it's so beautiful. tool, they're insane geniuses...how the hell do you write lyrics and melodies like that. just sit there and pick one thing, the vocals, the drums, bass...anythin, and listen to just that one thing...it's insane. if you let go and ride the spiral you will be so amazed at where it takes you.

Cryptoanarchist
01-11-2003, 04:07 AM
That is exactly why you have to listen to it several times to take it all in.
Lateralus is one of the only albums I have ever heard that gets better everytime your hear it and that you dont seem to get sick of.

flipmojo
01-11-2003, 04:26 AM
I know what you mean Zinnia. I have been listening to it before I go to sleep for about a month straight now. I lay down, close my eyes, hit play on my headphones and it lifts me out of the room. Especially, when I listen to Lateralus itself. That song, by itself, recharges me and helps me get back up to embrace the next day.

Shadowfax
01-11-2003, 08:30 AM
so true...Lateralus is, in my opinion, THE greatest album of all time, I never get sick of listening to it over and over again, and whenever my newest CD has been in my player for about 3 days, I go back to Lateralus until I buy a new one....And every time I listen to it, it's as if it's brand new, the songs never get old

thebeast
01-31-2003, 06:54 AM
i've been listening to this album for almost a year and three quarters or so (since its release) and it bewilders me that this faviorite band of mine are true musicians and release better music than the album before almost in a reverse order of most bands work where they get worse every album.
This album captivates me with its power and who could have thought music could suduce one into tears?