PDA

View Full Version : translation

omnipotent
02-29-2004, 05:19 AM
sober translated unto my consciousness. Why can we not believe in ourselves better, why do we all suffer from minority-complex? Why do we feel the need to follow others and submit to their will? And finally.. why can we not leave the christian wine alone? Hence being sober.

/ I told you

AllforUnity
03-02-2004, 12:48 PM
Because it's the way of the world. lf you think America is bad, look at lsrael and Palistine...they fight all the time because of different religion...when someone kills a Jew in Palistine, they're considered a hero. lt's all about following society and religion...something that is supposed to keep us safe is the thing most killing us.

Cylith
03-03-2004, 06:39 PM
And finally.. why can we not leave the christian wine alone? Hence being sober.

Doesn't he sing "Why can't we not be sober"" and "Why can't we drink forever?" (I guess your interpretation still works if you think Maynard is being sarcastic with those lines.)

AllforUnity
03-04-2004, 07:40 AM
l don't think Maynard is exactly being sarcastic in those lines. l think he is mocking everyone who says that you should be sober and such, l think he's asking them in the song, why can't we drink forever, and what's wrong with that.

Suso22
03-08-2004, 01:06 PM
A4U, I must agree. Then this begs the question, Why drink forever?

Undertolerance
03-29-2004, 05:04 PM
I have always seen it as him saying that I should be able to alter myself to wahtever end suits me. Thus opening my mind and making me think. However anyone goes about it is their own choice, make it wisely.

Luna Galapogos
03-30-2004, 09:52 AM
Because it's the way of the world. lf you think America is bad, look at lsrael and Palistine...they fight all the time because of different religion...when someone kills a Jew in Palistine, they're considered a hero. lt's all about following society and religion...something that is supposed to keep us safe is the thing most killing us.

In a lot of cases, it is unfortunate, but people feel the need to kill people based on differences of color, gender, ...., and mostly religion. But I must disagree with people attacking Israel. People are scared shitless of Israel. I don't think that there are a lot people doing anything there. Or at least I haven't heard about it.

AllforUnity
03-31-2004, 12:19 PM
Well l'm sorry, but you're misinformed, or just not informed at all. A few months ago a teenger from Palistine ran a car full of explosives into a shopping center in Israel and killed lots of innocent people...also recorded on the news, they had posters up, and were practically parading in the streets celebrating his "victory." They counted him as a hero.

Luna Galapogos
04-02-2004, 09:58 AM
Well l'm sorry, but you're misinformed, or just not informed at all. A few months ago a teenger from Palistine ran a car full of explosives into a shopping center in Israel and killed lots of innocent people...also recorded on the news, they had posters up, and were practically parading in the streets celebrating his "victory." They counted him as a hero.

That is a single person, a suicide bomber, an act of cowardice, and a disregard for one's own life. When I said people, I meant a good portion of a country, or even an entire country attacking. Sure the people counted him as a hero. They hate Israel, and so of course they would be happy about it, but I'm pretty sure most countries are either their allies or too scared to attack them with an actual military, or something like that anyway.