PDA

View Full Version : New Direction For Next Album

5-MeO-DMT
12-29-2002, 01:05 PM
I've always admired bands that changed their sound or musical approach with every record they put out. Tool took a new turn with Lateralus, while it's not something that's unrecognizable from previous efforts, the growth of the band between the release of Aenima and Lateralus cannot be ignored. Still, I think they are just getting started. They got their hands wet last album with LATERALUS, for the new one they'll complelty dive in, iif you know what I mean. One thing I think that would not only sound good but logically make sense (couldn't think of a better word) would be the inclusion of some more East Indian instruments and sounds. I mean the tablar (did i spell that right?) was just a start. Tool could take classic indian music and run with it, you know do their own thing the way Zeppelin took the blues and turned into something of their own.

This band did so much for me by opening that door that let me apreciate all the music i'm into now. Guys like FranK Zappa, whoM I dismissed as being some guy trying to be funny and toying around with a guitar, is now one of my favorite artists. Without the patience I gained from listening to Aenima, I would never be able to listen to Jazz greats like Miles Davis, John Coltane or even the Mahavishnu Orchestra.

Tool was the key and they are the only band that I got into as a child and still listen to on a regular basis.

PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE