PDA

View Full Version : Third Eye = High Dose LSD trip

C20H25N3O
12-29-2002, 12:12 PM
It was pretty evident from the beginning that this song equated a high dose acid trip, and I think anyone who has done that (at least 4 or 5 good doses/papers/drops) can recognize it.

The "In .... Out .... In..... Out" part and everything before describes the onset. When LSD first hits you, it comes in waves that fluctuate, and the in/out lyrics demonstrate that, but also when you first start to hallucinate, there is a lot of "breathing" of walls and rooms, so it could be that too.

"Came out to watch you play.
Why are you running?"
-I equate this to Ego-death, which is experienced on high dose trips. Many times the user can encounter an alternative personality within them that is really their true representation minus the ego, which for some is scary, hense the "running away" bit

"I stick my hand into his shadow
To pull the pieces from the sand.
Which I attempt to reassemble
To see just who I might have been.
I do not recognize the vessel,
But the eyes seem so familiar."
-When you trip, you feel shattered in the way that your previous reality is gone, but your mind tries to hold onto it. These lyrics also create the picture of the ego-loss with the line "To see just who I might have been"

Anyone else agree with this?
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_LSD.shtml
the link is for those that would like to see what the acid experience is all about

5-MeO-DMT
01-06-2003, 03:00 PM
LSD is a very strange drug,it's made some people I know go insane, including one guy who thought he was Christ, but I've always felt it was something I was not yet ready for.

I've dabbled in other Psychadelic drugs like Mushrooms and DMT, and toad slime, well actually only the crystals (hence my name) but I do agree that this song has alot in common with LSD TRIPS. Alot of my friends have said that it reminded them a whole lot of being on acid.

THIRD EYE IS ONE MY FAVS FROM TOOL,