PDA

View Full Version : intermision

stattica
11-19-2002, 05:50 PM
Well, alot ofp people like to put up fake reviews on the review page, which includes this song, which has never happened, but if you have been to one of the recent tool shows, you will know about the intermision that includes alot of white noise, but it would be kinda cool if the put on a recording of digustipated instead, with all the lights and effects...

N_I3
11-20-2002, 05:59 AM
I don't think that would work. Have you ever actually listened to Disgustipated? The high pitched whine which echo's for like 8 minutes can drive a person insane. Now yes if they wanted to do the Rev. Maynard bit and the Bill the Landlord bit that may work, but 8 minutes of a high pitched noise at a concert would drive people crazy. Think of the roadies and sound guys that would sit through that at every show. That is why your idea would not work. Intermission is a time of brief reflection, and preperation for the rest of the show. That is what it is there for, that and for the band to take 5. So use it, think about the show, don't wish for recorded music. Think about what you just saw and what is to come, Use it to inspire youself.

hateandvaseline
11-30-2002, 10:07 AM
What the hell do you mean by 'white noise'? I think the screens are white, I donno, I went to go get a soda. The noise, I think, is just bass feedback, isnt it?

thedave
12-26-2002, 01:28 PM
That's the sound of crickets cherping (sp?).

Hyatir
12-29-2002, 07:13 PM
white noise is any kind of repetitive noise that, well, repeats over and over. Like waves crashing on a seashore, or a "babbling brook" or rain falling on the roof. They make machines that produce white noise in specific varieties like the aforementioned. My mom got one, apparently it helps her sleep better; white noise cancels out the other sounds apparently, dont ask me for an explanation.

Solidus Mijæ
12-30-2002, 11:01 AM
There are two distinct 'high pitched whines' in Disgustipated, one is the crickets between the 'life feeds on life' bit and the 'Bill the landlord' bit, and another can be found during the 'life feeds on life' bit, an example is at around 3:22 in the song, I don't know what it is...I'm getting bored again...