PDA

View Full Version : Maynard explains...

Franklinfunk
02-22-2004, 09:46 AM
I downloaded a live version of Prison Sex and Maynard said this about the song:

"This song's about recognizing, identifying the cycle of abuse within yourself. That’s the first step of the process. Realization, identifying the next step of the road through. But this song is about the first step in that process which is recognizing"

paraflux
02-23-2004, 02:28 PM
Goes along with the video. The creature in black comes from inside the doll.

g-bay-be
02-23-2004, 09:26 PM
Goes along with the video. The creature in black comes from inside the doll.

Are the videos on the site??? i'lll go see

EDIT! apparently they are. I dont have time now... but i'll watch them tommorow

AllforUnity
03-02-2004, 12:46 PM
That's really cool. DO you know where l could find a copy of that? Because l never thought this song was litterally about someone being raped, or physically abused.

Franklinfunk
03-10-2004, 01:15 PM
That's really cool. DO you know where l could find a copy of that? Because l never thought this song was litterally about someone being raped, or physically abused.

I just downloaded it from Kazaa. Just look for Prison Sex live in Montreal. The quality's a bit dodgy but its still cool.

AnemicDisposition
03-10-2004, 01:41 PM
i think maynard also draws from his own experiences in the army and "tells a story' of a person who was abused as a child and in turn "does unto others, wat has been done to him". .finally finding release in sodomy...but it is clear that it is only temporary..

AllforUnity
03-11-2004, 07:45 AM
Prison Sex is about yourself. lt's about your own mind, and experiences. lt's not about someone being abused, it's about you abusing yourself.

AnemicDisposition
03-11-2004, 08:19 AM
Prison Sex is about yourself. lt's about your own mind, and experiences. lt's not about someone being abused, it's about you abusing yourself.

its all about wat u take out of it and ure perception, its extremely naive to assume everyone has the same opinion

Franklinfunk
03-12-2004, 06:17 AM

All though I subscribe to the the idea that there is no correct answer I agree with this guy. The actual idea of abuse is likely to just be a smokescreen, similar to in 4 degrees.

AllforUnity
03-12-2004, 07:33 AM
its all about wat u take out of it and ure perception, its extremely naive to assume everyone has the same opinion

Everyone has their own opinion. l was just stating mine. l don't even close expect EVERYONE to agree with me, and l don't really care if they do.

CrayonOfDoom
03-16-2004, 05:33 PM

It's extremely naive to assume there are 900 meanings to a song...

The journey is about what you say it is...

But you can't deny someone's desire to find the actual, concrete meaning...

If you're so pro-perception, then let them be pro-actual meaning...