PDA

View Full Version : evil

æonblue
12-28-2002, 05:44 PM
I may be alone here, but does anyone else hear that noise in the background during the tremelo picking? The power went out in my house one night this summer and I was bored off my ass, so I popped Lateralus into my discman and listened while lying alone on the couch in complete darkness around 1:30 or so in the morning. Throughout the house, there was absolutely no noise except for the music. The Grudge came to an end and Eon Blue Apocalypse started up. I was completely and utterly overcome with fear. I heard this noise in the background that I had never ever heard before. Being half asleep my senses weren't as acute as may be, but I definitely heard it. The reason it was so frightening was because of what the sound resembled. To me, it sounded like the high-pitched sticcato laughter of one of those evil clowns in those shitty b-movies. It lasts for the first 40 seconds and then fades out. I listened to the track over and over again, and kept hearing it as clear as day. I told a friend to see if he could hear it too. He did hear something, but did not think it in any way resembled some evil clown's laughter. My brother said it was probably just like an echo of the guitar or something, which I guess is pretty reasonable. I think at the time the toolband.com site posted something about how there are rumors that the album is about some cannibalistic ritual that is most profane. It also mentioned how there are hidden clues throughout the album that are so hard to hear, only a forensics lab could decipher them and how the album artwork divulged the secret to this profane ritual. I began thinking that perhaps this was true and I have found one of the hidden clues. I had also stumbled upon extremely faint whispering in parabol, which has been mentioned in the parabol thread, and something that I can't even describe during and after triad. I've since decided against this theory and really don't have any idea what the album is about at all. I do, however, think I have ænima kinda figured out and you can read a few interpretations there. I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else hears what I heard and still hear.

Sadok Jijike
01-08-2003, 05:11 PM
I turned it up all the way and the most I could hear were some gentle whispering sounds.

Scobularni
01-08-2003, 07:11 PM
I can hear the same thing in Eon Blue Ap... although I think it's just a reverb/echo of picking. Sounds scary though.

numb...
01-19-2003, 02:52 PM
Yeah, it sounds like a fret vibration at first, but would the string still be touching the fret after the guitar stoped playing... also with all the equipment and computers the recording of lateralus had, you think they could of deleted the vibration?? Or maybe its a message

also "eon blue"
"neon blue"

any conection... oh i dunno

forty6n2
01-22-2003, 12:53 PM
I think its just the guitar echo. It could very possibly be something else. But all I hear is the echo.