PDA

View Full Version : The Intro

Schizophrenic
02-18-2004, 05:09 PM
Everytime I listen to reflection, the tabla in the intro really stands out. However, there is something a little mysterious about it that goes beyond an instrument in my mind. I am always reminded of the lyrics "It's Calling Me" when I hear it, because it actually does sound like it is literally calling me. As well, the way in which it is played, it actually sounds like it is saying "Hello". I know thats a stretch, but it really sticks out in my mind.

Thank you for your time.

g-bay-be
02-21-2004, 09:08 PM
what? what is a tabla... To me it sounds like a tympony (sp?) and i do kind of hear the hello... but i am not sure what you are trying to say

Schizophrenic
02-22-2004, 07:43 AM
what? what is a tabla... To me it sounds like a tympony (sp?) and i do kind of hear the hello... but i am not sure what you are trying to say

Someone told me that was the instrument at the beginning. Maybe its not.

paraflux
02-23-2004, 08:22 AM
Yeah I think there is a tabla thrown in there. Of course it sounds like its calling you. Its what the vocals are trying to say, and the music of Tool always follows suit.

corps d'allumen
03-17-2004, 11:49 AM
If you all are talking about the drum that changes pitch upward, it's a korg wavedrum.

Peaceful Moments
03-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Tabla is an Indian rhythmic instrument played by hand. Danny studies it and his teacher is Aloke Dutta. Tabla is played in Disposition. As far as I know there is no tabla in Reflection. And that wavedrum is awesome, wish I had one.