PDA

View Full Version : Seeking critique on a few songs >

Neill Fraser
12-28-2002, 01:30 AM
Recorded a couple of new songs this month which can be heard at www.audiox.cjb.net/v2.html . Give them a listen and post some comments here if you can!

Cheers...Neill

sundryan
12-28-2002, 06:28 PM
What I've heard so far is very well done. Ausstel is a very beautiful and relaxing piece of music. The sound you placed at the end of Ausstel is very disconcerting. The best way to describe it is that I feel as though I'm being torn out of an enjoyable dream. The fact that you were able to elicit such a feeling from me is very surprising. While I'm no musical expert, I can certainly sense someone with talent and potential.

Thank you very much for sharing. As I said, excellent stuff. The rest of you should go and listen.

Keep at it, and good luck! Let me know when you have other songs for sampling. I'll be happy to listen.

Neill Fraser
12-29-2002, 11:47 PM
Have to say I've never had a review as insightful as that for that particular song! Any comments on the other two, vocals etc?
Cheers.

Chuckhawk
12-30-2002, 06:10 PM
I downloaded Ausstel and I thought it was great. Downloading some others now...

alexS
01-08-2003, 05:25 PM
neill, i just signed up to the forum to tell you this is really great work.. keep it up man, youre gonna make it someday

edit/add:
contact me at [email protected], i could make you a flash website to build my portfolio :)

GregoryWohlwend
01-24-2003, 01:12 AM
An Ease had good tone and mood, but the vocals were a bit too raspy to give the words attention. Rather i gave the uneasy quality of the voice attention instead of the emotion and intention behind the words. I'm listening Ausstel and it's putting me in a great mood, really at peace. This sort of music i am really into because it cleanses. I like how you use the piano, many bands seem to limit themselves with gitter bass drum and mic, but limiting yourself only limits your calibur of music. Good work.

http://wu.sw0bes.com

damn, that whistle was a nice touch

NoVestal
01-25-2003, 08:56 PM
I'm not an authority at all so don't take this wrong. I listened to most of your stuff, and musically you show talent. Vocally, you need to let yourself open up some more (imho). I hear you rasping thru the lyrics and I feel like you're hiding your real voice in the raspiness. That's just me, so kick me, kill me, don't listen, who cares, peace.
NoV

k~nug
01-26-2003, 11:08 AM
i listened to track one, and, the overall performance was good, the timing was good, the bass guitar could use some volume, the vocals were the only problem, you should be singing loud. it sounded like you were recording the vocals in a library. the track could have used some type of percussion but overall it was good