PDA

View Full Version : Lateralus and Tetris (How Strange...)

Swim On
02-17-2004, 09:20 PM
This one's a bit weird, but hear me out:

I was playing a little bit of Tetris Worlds today while playing Lateralus (the album, not just the song) in the background, and somehow, someway it just clicked for me. The object of this game is to turn barren, dry planets into fruitful, living ones...all through making rows of blocks, oddly enough. I just feel like the message conveyed in Lateralus fits into this plot. Needless to say, I played through the entire album.

I also enjoyed the irony in Schism's famous line "I know the pieces fit." ...such a grin inducing situation...

Chaos Theory
02-17-2004, 09:30 PM
Hmmm... I've done the same thing and had no such epiphany... maybe I need better speakers?

Seriously though, that sounds pretty cool.

dawn
03-04-2004, 08:34 PM
"I know the pieces fit."

Tee Hee...that's a good one...

I <3 tetris...hours of fun...I have often contimplated the object this game...

The time I have spent playing it could very well be counted in days, if not weeks...

I always listen to super chillin music when I play though...not really my optimal mood for Tool...

dirtyepic
11-16-2007, 06:43 AM
bump

eonbluecasanova
11-16-2007, 09:24 PM
Hmmm... I've done the same thing and had no such epiphany... maybe I need better speakers?

Seriously though, that sounds pretty cool.

laugh on lizards

Hodge
11-16-2007, 09:34 PM
hahah

Master_Of_Nothing
11-28-2007, 11:53 PM
Theres a thread in schism on this as well, the meaning of schism is Tetris. I don't think Maynard could really have written this whole album on the subject on Tetris though

*~*»¤«(Đispositioń)»¤«*~*
12-17-2007, 12:39 AM
If your're honestly trying to say Schism or the album of Lateralus are in some way connected to tetris... Just... No

lemonlateralus
12-18-2007, 12:00 PM
*rolls eyes*

*~*»¤«(Đispositioń)»¤«*~*
12-20-2007, 07:21 PM
More like Lateralus and Tetris (How Stupid...)

hahah...

Tape_Dispenser
01-08-2008, 09:04 PM
One time, I was playing with myself in time to the Grudge and.....

My wrist cramped up really bad. Ouch!

Master_Of_Nothing
01-18-2008, 03:51 PM
i doubt it lasted 8 min lol

Nikeda-Taylor
02-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Interesting...that sounds awesome!xp

Schema
02-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Interesting idea... but I doubt it, deep inside. Probably just a poetic coincidence.

Though, we could all be wrong and all of Tool is about video games, not deep psychological shit.

Master_Of_Nothing
02-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Come to think about it, Flood could be based on the lava game where the lava goes up and you gotta reach the surface, you know the one?

Rolo
02-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Interesting idea... but I doubt it, deep inside. Probably just a poetic coincidence.

Though, we could all be wrong and all of Tool is about video games, not deep psychological shit.

Intermission sounds really well in a Super Mario platform game, imo. LOL

Schema
02-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Come to think about it, Flood could be based on the lava game where the lava goes up and you gotta reach the surface, you know the one?

Don't know the title, but I get what you're prodding at. I've seen things like that in a lot of games.

Intermission sounds really well in a Super Mario platform game, imo. LOL

Classic. It would fit well in any of those 8-bit games... Man, I should go trough my collections again.

And, actually... naw, can't think of one off-hand. Fuck.

alichain
02-13-2008, 01:19 PM
I wonder what I could compare DigDug to.

Rolo
02-13-2008, 01:27 PM
Dunno, but with the videogames on my mind i'm looking at the "soundscapes" from the Tool albums (like; Mantra, Ions, Viginti Tres, etc) from a different angle. Just for the fun. :)

Master_Of_Nothing
02-14-2008, 04:58 PM
Lol you have way too much spare time!

Schema
02-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Dunno, but with the videogames on my mind i'm looking at the "soundscapes" from the Tool albums (like; Mantra, Ions, Viginti Tres, etc) from a different angle. Just for the fun. :)

Heh.

One time I played Resident Evil while listening to H. I seriously jumped at that one point where it gets rather loud at about 4:30-5:00 in before the last vocals. And that's not even the most sudden jump in volume on the track...

...huh. Maybe there's a closer relationship between Tool and video games than I thought. But then, where does 4° fit?

Master_Of_Nothing
02-16-2008, 04:57 PM
4? could fit in with a metal detector game on the beach lol.

Rolo
02-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Hé Schema.

Lay your hands on Fantomas' "Delirium Cordia". It's a one-track instrumental album (74:17 min) that will scare the shit out of you if you play something like Resident Evil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Del%C3%ACrium_C%C3%B2rdia

Master_Of_Nothing
02-24-2008, 04:58 PM
I remember you telling me about that piece, but i haven't made any efforts to lay hands on it. Should I?

Schema
02-24-2008, 06:04 PM
4? could fit in with a metal detector game on the beach lol.

Heh. I just though "Lode Runner. That's what." a moment ago about this.

Hé Schema.

Lay your hands on Fantomas' "Delirium Cordia". It's a one-track instrumental album (74:17 min) that will scare the shit out of you if you play something like Resident Evil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Del%C3%ACrium_C%C3%B2rdia

I'll hunt it down. Thanks.

Master_Of_Nothing
02-25-2008, 05:03 PM
LODE RUNNER!! The awesomest game ever lol i wasted months on that game

Rolo
02-26-2008, 02:09 PM
I remember you telling me about that piece, but i haven't made any efforts to lay hands on it. Should I?

Nah, unless you are interested in an instrumental "soundtrack of horror". It generates a really creepy atmosphere so it is useful in the way i mentioned it to Schema. But for musical pleasure, i doubt that it is worth the effort of hunting it down.

Inner_Eulogy
02-26-2008, 02:37 PM
lol, wow...me thinks this whole thread has too much time on it's hands..lol

Master_Of_Nothing
02-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Nah, unless you are interested in an instrumental "soundtrack of horror". It generates a really creepy atmosphere so it is useful in the way i mentioned it to Schema. But for musical pleasure, i doubt that it is worth the effort of hunting it down.

Would it do alright as a background to a musical play or something?

Rolo
02-27-2008, 01:50 PM
Would it do alright as a background to a musical play or something?

Judge for yourself;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ifuhp5l0CM

The video is not related to the music. I posted this just so you can heard a little fragment of the album.