PDA

View Full Version : hmmm...

merosas
02-17-2004, 05:38 PM
there was a battle within my heart. it was a battle for my soul/my well being. I fought and fought within myself, desperatley seeking resolution. the sides were disguised so that i could not see one for the other. i could not decipher the correct path. i was wasting physically and mentally. part of me wanted to die, part of me wanted to live. when i discovered what i thought to be evil inside me, i fought against it. in my heart i fought like an animal cornered that knows instinctively its life is threatened. it got worse, i was pushed to the brink: my dreams, my goodness( wisdom, understanding, innocence), my soul hung by a thin thread. i let go and had faith that this demon would not ravage me. it was then i knew humility and then i understood. there was no demone to fight. it was a child...

Pythagoras
02-17-2004, 07:42 PM
Very nice prose...

Undertolerance
02-18-2004, 10:04 PM
Indeed that is quite the interesting way to grab ones attention. I would be curious as to what lead up to this feeling and what it gave way to. Pardon me for wanting to pry but it is my nature. I am also curious to see how your story paralles the song. Because thus far the only thing that I can really see is that you sorta summarzied the jist of the song into your own words, which makes it egually intriquing and confusing as the original. I still have been raking my brain for years to figure what exactly the title means within the context of lyrics, but then again it very well could just be that is a fathomless convusion, and never meant to be fully understood. Which brings a greater draw to the song in the long run.

merosas
02-20-2004, 03:02 PM
Indeed that is quite the interesting way to grab ones attention. I would be curious as to what lead up to this feeling and what it gave way to. Pardon me for wanting to pry but it is my nature. I am also curious to see how your story paralles the song. Because thus far the only thing that I can really see is that you sorta summarzied the jist of the song into your own words, which makes it egually intriquing and confusing as the original. I still have been raking my brain for years to figure what exactly the title means within the context of lyrics, but then again it very well could just be that is a fathomless convusion, and never meant to be fully understood. Which brings a greater draw to the song in the long run.

I think first of all, no matter what anyone says, a song and its lyrics are going to be interpretted differently by everyone. even if mr. keenan were to say, H is about blah, blah, blah there are still going to be many people who interpret the song differently. This interpretation looks at struggles within, that are the basis of the song, from the viewpoint of someone experiencing it in the present. I believe mr. keenan could only be so articulate about his struggle after going through it. His is experienced.