PDA

View Full Version : being patient with the patients

meta4_a_missing_moment
02-17-2004, 02:27 PM
this song is not about vampires....its about keenan contemplating retirement cuz he thinks hes getting old..."this paranoid, paralyzed vampire act's a little old". but hes trying 2 b patient with the patients wich r us the listeners and fans..."The damaged and broken met along this tedious path I've chosen here".
the tedious path is his music career. he might give up and retire..."if there were no rewards to reap". i believ sumtimes ppl try and dig 2 deep and miss the simple meanings. and if u guys r worried about him retiring he reassures us @ the end of the song...."I'm gonna wait it out".

g-bay-be
02-21-2004, 07:54 AM
this song is not about vampires....its about keenan contemplating retirement cuz he thinks hes getting old..."this paranoid, paralyzed vampire act's a little old". but hes trying 2 b patient with the patients wich r us the listeners and fans..."The damaged and broken met along this tedious path I've chosen here".
the tedious path is his music career. he might give up and retire..."if there were no rewards to reap". i believ sumtimes ppl try and dig 2 deep and miss the simple meanings. and if u guys r worried about him retiring he reassures us @ the end of the song...."I'm gonna wait it out".

Wow. I never thought about it this way. I always figured the song was about a shitty realationship. I mean. you dont want to be here but you have hope that it will get better. So you just wait it out

meta4_a_missing_moment
02-21-2004, 11:49 AM
well G-bay-be it kinda is like being ina relationship between musician and fans ......it can b just as emotionaly draining as a relationship between lovers