PDA

View Full Version : thought process + music = laturalus

meta4_a_missing_moment
02-17-2004, 10:59 AM
i believ in lateralus keenan is speaking about a thought process or thought philosophy in wich ur not just thinking outside the box ur spiraling out of it and how he applys this thought process 2 writing lyrics by combining it with feelings or pictures or ideas brought upon by the bands music

Scroter
02-26-2004, 08:27 PM
I think he's just improvising weird lyrics so people will think hes being deep but in fact hes speaking jiberish.

dark_Speedo
09-01-2005, 04:46 AM
I'm pretty sure MJK doesnt just improvise lyrics that make no sense... read the lyrics again.

Egocentric
09-22-2005, 09:57 PM
I'd say that "spiraling out" means that you're synchronizing your perceptual experience of consciouss to whats occuring in the WHOLE of your perception. This whole contains the spiral motion that is...I'd say its the most efficient method of acting, of participating in human experience, and in life.

This whole amazing concept, the perception of reality, is something that you defenitely can ALWAYS think outside the box, seeing everything from further away, seeing the whole BIG picture.

It's about thinking-outside-the-box, AND just as important: reading-between-the-lines

My advice is to take mindset for ANYTHING; read between the lines, think outside the box. This is what is done during meditation, because the truth is that you can ALWAYS dig deeper into your consciouss, into whats ACTUALLY occuring. The closer you get, the more connected become, the more you start to understand the spiral.

I'd say I understand the gist of the "spiral" concept expressed in Lateralus, as I have visual experiences with it, at all times. Regardless, I still consider myself ignorant, not knowing, and still on the surface. I have so much to learn, we ALL have so much to learn...

zoso666
10-08-2005, 02:25 AM
"It's about thinking-outside-the-box, AND just as important: reading-between-the-lines"

The meaning of you try to say maybe is phenomenology, read about Edmund Husserl, philosopher, the principal founder of phenomenology.