PDA

View Full Version : Pushit Live/Extended Version

eulogy508
02-14-2004, 03:50 PM
(because no one reads the albums section, this is going in here...)
I love this song. It took a while but it finally grew on me and I think I like it better than the Aenima version. The guitar parts are simple, but touching. The drums.... well, they're just great, especially during the breakdown part in the middle of the song.. the bass is as always excellent, too... And maynard's voice is amazing, very different from the normal version in some parts, but I LOVE it... what is your favorite part from live Pushit and why?

for me, it's when the song gets louder and more intense at the end... just amazing stuff....

thirdseason17
02-14-2004, 03:57 PM
at the end....

maynard says "i must persuade you another way" and he holds the last note, and all of the instruments go quiet.... then everything gets loud and fast.... and when maynard sings the last few lines i close my eyes and i go to that place maynard said to go to in the beginning of the song... i still get goosebumps when he says "remember i'll always love you, even as i tear your fucking throat away, but it will end no other way"

i love that song. it showcases all of the emotion that tool posseses...

thank you eulogy508 for bringing it up.

Glass Onion
02-14-2004, 04:02 PM
This song is definately one of Tool's best. Every second of it is pure genius. When Maynard is talking at the start with the guitar over it makes you feel as though you were actually there. I always drop everything I'm doing when listening to this song, it demands your full attention. I would give my right boob and left testicle to see this song performed live.

AllforUnity
02-19-2004, 12:53 PM
Of course...this song is definately one of my favorites by TOOL. lt might not be my complete favorite, but it's up there...but then again so are all of the TOOL songs. So yeah...

When do you think TOOL's next album will come out? Anyone have any ideas?

quasiperiodica
03-03-2004, 07:49 PM
(because no one reads the albums section, this is going in here...)
I love this song. It took a while but it finally grew on me and I think I like it better than the Aenima version. The guitar parts are simple, but touching. The drums.... well, they're just great, especially during the breakdown part in the middle of the song.. the bass is as always excellent, too... And maynard's voice is amazing, very different from the normal version in some parts, but I LOVE it... what is your favorite part from live Pushit and why?

for me, it's when the song gets louder and more intense at the end... just amazing stuff....

My favorite part of Pushit is right after the break down, when it all winds up again slowly, and then drops right into that beautiful guitar part, as if i am deep within an acid trip, and i am as vulnerable as Maynard must be as he spreads his heart open and starts singing, the drums playing in perfect sync, and i just never want it to end
Ahh now i have to go listen to it!!

AllforUnity
03-04-2004, 12:26 PM
Yeah...l think Danny will be too. l think Danny is the mastermind...