PDA

View Full Version : nice little experience

regal lover
02-13-2004, 10:07 PM
i was thinking about parabola the other day and realised that it is definately related to our multidimensional nature and that sacred geometry is a good way of looking at the nature of our being. its really hard to articulate this but next moment i imagined a parabol coming from me.i then imagined it opening up and i was filled this amazing feelin like my chest was being filled with some kind of sublime energy.

Talonwulf
02-22-2004, 05:28 AM
again, here we have a "this is what it means" kinda person. And we alos have antoher "this song gives me spiritual energy". Tool may be clever, but i doubt they can share some rare and unknown energy from their music to our bodies. What you are feeling when we get this "energy" is just a song that we like makes us feel good. When u see someone u love, ur stomach gets all weird. This is because ur brain redirects its ENERGY to other parts that are needed at that moment. When music is played and u feel good, it might be cos ur brain is releasing "dopium" [has same affect as cocaine] into ur blood stream, so u think "wow, what a buzz!". Thats also why people think when they listen to tool, its like a mushroom trip, or liek their taking drugs. Its just cos u really like em.

Raev'n
05-27-2004, 02:13 PM
Yeah I get the same thing with the bit in Pushit where he sings: Staring down the hole again, hands are on my back again, survival is my only friend, terrified of what may come. It's really powerful and it does give me a buzz. Especially when I play it on the bass :)

So yeah I know where you're coming from and what that feelings like :)

this_body_holding_me
06-06-2004, 07:29 PM
I feel the same type of thing in the last 1:30 of Pushit and in the transition between parabol and parabola.

s62
06-07-2004, 11:30 AM
again, here we have a "this is what it means" kinda person. And we alos have antoher "this song gives me spiritual energy". Tool may be clever, but i doubt they can share some rare and unknown energy from their music to our bodies. What you are feeling when we get this "energy" is just a song that we like makes us feel good. When u see someone u love, ur stomach gets all weird. This is because ur brain redirects its ENERGY to other parts that are needed at that moment. When music is played and u feel good, it might be cos ur brain is releasing "dopium" [has same affect as cocaine] into ur blood stream, so u think "wow, what a buzz!". Thats also why people think when they listen to tool, its like a mushroom trip, or liek their taking drugs. Its just cos u really like em.

I'm sorry... I don't know why I should bother responding on such an old post, but I have a problem with false information, and I can't stand to let it sit, especially in view where everyone else might take it to be true, thus spreading the falsehoods...

Talonwulf, you may be a kickass guy, but all I know about you is what I see on here. And based on that, you are an uneducated, easily influenced, easily confused individual.
First of all, if you are going to use English to communicate with other English speaking people, then use it man! Your post was riddled with crap, thus making anything you have to say very hard to accept seriously.
Secondly, I doubt you have much knowledge of neurochemistry... Again, your post is filled with inaccurate information, much of which looks like your own hypothesis. I'm sorry man, but don't open up your post writing-off this guy's experience with something, when

a.) experience is subjective...
b.) you are uninformed and just as far from the truth as you may believe someone else to be

I hate to inform you, but the process of energy redirection within the brain that you have clumsily described is completely inaccurate. The various feelings, body rushes, etc., that are felt during particular moments in our life, be it a favorite song or upon seeing a lover, etc., are due to various chemicals being released. That is really nothing like the experience of tripping on mushrooms or taking other drugs... When on drugs, you don't experience those things "just cos u really like em" but because your body releases chemicals, and certain neurotransmitters act differently, especially seretonin, which is directly affected by most psychedelics.

Also, there is no such thing as "dopium"... that is sheer stupidity. You are mixing the words "dopamine" and "opium", two completely different, unrelated substances. Dopamine is another neurotransmitter, whereas Opium is a natural extraction of poppies. Niether has to do with the rush that one feels listening to a good song, and neither of their effects are like that of cocaine or any psychedelic...

I'm not a neurochemist... I only have a limited understanding of the workings of our mind, but jesus man... stop speaking out of your ass, especially to ridicule the concepts and ideas of others.

It sounds to me like regal lover unintentionally utilized a type of meditation known as visualization, and in turned increased his body's functioning, and became very aware of himself... and for all you or I know, he could have witnessed the great field of energy that IS reality, and simply felt its presence. Tool's music can be very powerful and very spiritual... That is up to the individual. How ignorant and presumptious of you to exclaim that Tool cannot be a source of spiritual energy, or to think that someone has not found a new way in which to utilize Tool for themself...

As to the topic, I often get "the chest fuzzies" listening to Pushit, Parabol/Parabola, The Grudge, and The Patient, as well as Lateralus. I get them most often with Pushit.