PDA

View Full Version : Codex Marcianus and Ouroboros

LabRat404
02-13-2004, 08:29 PM
I remember from my first Tool concert about two years ago (and my only, unfortuanately), that when Tool was playing the trippy videos on the big projector screens, for quite a long time there was an image of a snake eating its own tail, its head would keep going around its body and eatign itself and never finish. well, I remember an X-Files episode where Skully was talkign about this symbol, so I looked ut up. It's called the ouroboros. representative of endlesness or something.

Anyhoo, I also came accross some material that talked about the Ouroboros, which mentioned something a reference from "Codex Marcianus" which says "The One, The All." well, I'm sure you could have guessed that as soon as I saw that I thought about "The One, The Ten" from The Grudge. I originally thought, as also mentioned in the Tool Faq, that this has somethignto do with the Tree of Life (which I know nothing about).

I haven't the time to research into this stuff, but I thought it was worth mentioning here. Ouroboros and Codex Marcianus, "The One, The All."