PDA

View Full Version : Metaphysics and Occultism into Relationships

WizardOfGauze
12-27-2002, 03:02 AM
Yeah...it's staring you in the face if you look right at it. ( Well, I should replace the 'yous' with 'Is'. This is MY opinion. YOU might think differently ) In my head, TOOL has managed to put together an album that puts metaphysical beliefs and artwork, and threw in some Occultism in the mix, and create an album about love (love of anything. Your girl/boy friend, true lover, annoying lover, love of cigarettes, love for a beverage, love for a friend, dog, etc.). The Grudge? yeah. The Patient and Schism, oh yes. Parabol/Parabola? uh huh. Ticks and Leeches? yeah. And so on. It kinda seems like a chain of rising-falling-rising in a person, or thing? (I'll be very brief .)You start with The Grudge, then you think you found the right one and you don't want to stop caring. Thinks start deteriorating during Schism, but with Parbola, you know that things have gone in the form of a parabola...rose-falling-rising. but no! this is the love of your life! There is nothing like it! Then the love of your life, whatever it is, kicks you right in face, you're having WWIII with this "love", and you overcome it by the end of Ticks and Leeches. Then good ol' Lateralus...the story of the survivor of a falling relationship of any kind laying in bed when he ran into something....somethine he thinks can last and bring good things his way. Lateralus is that whole train of thought about this "maybe new found love." Then the weather changes, then a recap and closer...letting us know that this relationship is going to have ups and downs, but will last. Triad is kind of like churning of the main motor, the main generator for this relationship and symbolizes a slow buildup of things to come. Now Faaip de Oiad......I think it's where this relationships starts to deteriorate. Some hidden aspect that you know about comes back right at you, but you can't do anything...as much as you try.

May seem like a depressing message from Staind, but i dunno. I pieced the main ideas of each song that were floating around in my head into a short summary. Well...this is only what I think about the album, the songs, the artwork.