PDA

View Full Version : Original?

WizardOfGauze
12-27-2002, 02:46 AM
I have heard and read many statements that include "Lateralus is so ginal." I don't wanna hate or rank on this great work of art, but I do want to rank on the artwork of it, and I kinda don't want to at the same time, but it's always good to know the unfavorable things about what you like, right?(I think some people hate me after some of the posts I submitted tonight. I'll try and be nice about this.)

Some think that the artwork was pieced together and constructed by TOOL, mostly Adam. But I really I don't think it was. Maybe the designs were selected or edited. (I'm just talking about first page of the booklet that comes with Lateralus, mostly.) I won't get into specifics. The Lateralus eye looks just like one that has been in some Alex Grey paintings for more than a good 6 years. Same thing as the aura/electricity coming off of the skinless person. And one person said to me that the end of the Parabola music video was the coolest thing TOOL came up with. I don't see much that's original about the CGI image. It looks just like one of Alex Grey's older works with a kick of Lateralus artwork and Collective Vision at the end.

No mean to do any harm to TOOL. Don't think less of them. I don't think any other band would've made what other people besides 'toolheads' call "weird scifi" fit in with their songs. Good Job, boys! Thanks for releasing Lateralus too (I know they won't read it, but it never hurt to say thanks.)

Meat Flavour
12-27-2002, 07:35 AM
The last 1:30 of lateralus was directed by Alex Grey. =p The artwork was made by Alex Grey also, with adam overlooking i believe. There's no conspiracy.

WizardOfGauze
12-27-2002, 11:54 AM
I know. It was always conspiracy-free, I think.