PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts

Macrame
11-19-2002, 05:08 PM
I whenever I see the ...things... bent over and bobbing their heads it always reminds me of deer. For some reason it makes me think of evolution and how all of life evolved from one cell (it had to begin somehow). This could possibly resemble religion and how perhaps everything branched from one common belief. That's my best guess.

Christopher
11-19-2002, 05:59 PM
Well the song is about seperation.......it pretty much fits for anykind of seperation you can think of....

And yes the contortionest, and most notoriously the head bobbing one.....i've done many a time in my little rebellion of gym class.

N1LucasFan
11-19-2002, 07:33 PM
Interesting thoughts,

As everyone else, I anylize and interpret all TOOL songs into the meanings in which I see fit. This song, as everyone says is about a difficiency in communication, or a breakdown may have you. Hence the "Schism."

As far as the video goes, does anyone anylize the geometry in the video? Does anyone notice the slight differences and observations in the backround. Some of the lighting effects are incredibly subtle, yet poiniant and seem to have meaning to the sounds. Watch more than whats going on in front and you may understand what I am saying.

- Matt

nyfeh
11-20-2002, 07:11 PM
i definately noticed when one of them carved a spiral in the ground with the other's head... i've also read about how this video relates to some biblical stuff... the effects guy that did some of the video talked about it on his website, happypencil.com i believe is the site, under the section 'work' you will find drawings and illustrations from both the stinkfist and schism video

edit: 4th or 5th image down on the illustrations, check it out