PDA

View Full Version : Shourind every breath I take

LabRat404
02-08-2004, 06:22 PM
Ok, this is really starting to irritate me: I've been listening to this song (both the CD and the video) and on both I can explicitly hear him say "Shrouding every STEP I take", not Breath, and also, in the video, every once in a while, I swear I hear him say "CHARTING every step I take", versus "Shrouding"...perhaps there are multiple versions of this on the CD manufacutred around different times ... hmm. any comments? listen to the song,...listen...very carefully....

anna
02-08-2004, 06:54 PM
yeah, i hear 'charting' rather than 'shrouding' sometimes.

Cylith
02-11-2004, 12:42 PM
I hear step, and not breath too.

LabRat404
02-12-2004, 12:04 PM
Please forgive me, I never read the opening text before I read the lyrics:

"Some Tool songs undergo slight lyrical variations in each performance; Maynard's own typed versions are shown here, uncorrected, to provide you with a straight-from-the-source guide to what he has said / might say next time.

Most of these transcriptions came straight from the Man's computer. How he writes his lyrics/poetry and then translates that into music is up to him. Think of them as photographs; you don't look exactly the same in every picture, but it is still you. "

AllforUnity
02-12-2004, 01:05 PM
Yeah...l don't think Maynard himself came to the site and posted these lyrics. l think it's just as much as people can make of them, or what they read from, perhaps, what Maynard wrote behind stage at a concert once or something. l think that's all they have...reason being why they don't have the beginning to 46 & 2, or Pushit...or the middle of Eulogy, and plenty of other parts of songs they don't have in the lyrics section.

ÆnimaticEnigma
04-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Ok, this is really starting to irritate me: I've been listening to this song (both the CD and the video) and on both I can explicitly hear him say "Shrouding every STEP I take", not Breath, and also, in the video, every once in a while, I swear I hear him say "CHARTING every step I take", versus "Shrouding"...perhaps there are multiple versions of this on the CD manufacutred around different times ... hmm. any comments? listen to the song,...listen...very carefully....

*yawn* go look at the LYRICS section.. those come straight from MJK...

ÆnimaticEnigma
04-09-2004, 07:33 PM
Yeah...l don't think Maynard himself came to the site and posted these lyrics. l think it's just as much as people can make of them, or what they read from, perhaps, what Maynard wrote behind stage at a concert once or something. l think that's all they have...reason being why they don't have the beginning to 46 & 2, or Pushit...or the middle of Eulogy, and plenty of other parts of songs they don't have in the lyrics section.

I'm pretty sure Maynard sent the lyrics in some way, shape, or form, to this site

ÆnimaticEnigma
04-09-2004, 07:35 PM
maybe he doesn't want us to know those... maybe he's some diabolical subliminal message making asshole who wants us to buy their albums 50 times!... Yeah I know, if these aren't straight from MJK, I have a buncha questions... hmm... I'm gonna go post them up now

AllforUnity
04-09-2004, 11:01 PM
Well l think they could be changed around a bit. lf Maynard himself did send these lyrics, all the parts of Eulogy and the beginning of 46&2, and most of the other songs with obvious whispering would be in the lyrics section as well. Even the beginning of Pushit isn't in them, and it's really obvious what he says.

ÆnimaticEnigma
04-10-2004, 02:29 PM
I was kidding :P I agree...

ÆnimaticEnigma
04-10-2004, 02:29 PM
oh... yeah between those two posts i changed my mind

ÆnimaticEnigma
04-10-2004, 02:30 PM
BTW, Nice spelling on the title

AllforUnity
04-14-2004, 12:02 PM
Hahaha.