PDA

View Full Version : Scaring people away!!!!!!

Espionage
02-07-2004, 11:46 PM
seriously what is up with the names of the songs on this album. How profound it is that JMK can think of names that offend most people into not liking the songs. i just think that some of the way he acts he is trying to not be popular.
When i told my friends to listen to stinkfist they said "man, Tool is so gay, the're such fags!" well this would have been avoided.

imtheism
02-08-2004, 02:58 AM
rofl, get some new friends who arent idiots dipshit.

Chris_Brightwell
02-08-2004, 10:57 AM
rofl, get some new friends who arent idiots dipshit.Says the man who doesn't know how to use a comma properly.

Glass Onion
02-08-2004, 11:22 AM
You've got to be pretty shallow to get offended by a song title without hearing the song first. What would you call the songs? Stinkfist could be renamed 'Cry me a River', Aenima to 'Lets all rejoice while L.A. Gets Flushed into the Ocean'? and H. - well, that just too offensive, I think we can change that one to 'Heroine'. I like the song titles just the way they are, thanks.

Chris_Brightwell
02-08-2004, 12:10 PM
[...] H. - well, that just too offensive, I think we can change that one to 'Heroine'. [...]
I never realized that song was about a female superhero.

Awesome.

Metamorphosis
02-08-2004, 09:51 PM
lol at the spelling Heroine instead of Heroin... it surprises me that you would come onto a Tool-Forum and complain about the titles of the bands' art... what the hell do you think Ticks and Leeches is all about? bloody hell stop telling people what to do, this is their art... the fair thing for you to do is to like it or not, but either way respect it (unless they shove it into your face like the christians).

anna
02-08-2004, 10:35 PM
'Lets all rejoice while L.A. Gets Flushed into the Ocean'

beautiful.

naked_but_oblivious
02-17-2004, 06:19 PM
at least your friends realize what stinkfist could mean. mine are dense

Stalkz
02-18-2004, 11:52 AM
Speaking of... why do Tool kids get so offended when people think Sthinkfist is about anal fisting? So what if it is?

If the WHOLE THING isn't, atleast some of it is. Undeniably. Knuckle/finger/elbow deap inside the borderline... turn around and take my hand (up the ass)...

I doubt the entire song is actually about it but some lines are there to relate to the name.

frater aaa
02-29-2004, 07:07 PM
I personally never take TOOL lyrics literally. Maynard is deeper than that, and si heavily influenced by alot of writing, both obsure and popular. he is obviously an occultist, and studies its various braches philsophies and realtions, Jung included. I have always held that thsi album is the Aenima of his soul, a cleansing so to speak. I mean, its cynicl, and can be dark, but you can se an underlyingtheme of shedding, as 46+2 states so well. As for stnkfist, i thinkit is apporopraitre to open an ambum with. Its charged so emtionally, because to be fisted is to be pentrated in a way that is uncomfortable at first (seen chasing amy?). This could also refer to the hand of God (in hebrew qabalah, hand=yod=the seed of life, or the spermatozon, or sperm). This is a mental violation, but needs to be accepted and gottyen used to. It is facing what one fears, as in 46+2, stepping though teh shadow. As well as pushit. You can see how much pain maynard is shedding off, and expressing. "consideratly killing me" etc.
Well, tahts my opionion on it, but I firmly stand by it.
Also, if i were tool, or maynard, i wouldnt want stupid jugemental pricks like your freinds listening to my music either. I mean, if you so ignorant that you are turned off by a sexual name, or by a little weirdness.. well, all i have to say is EVOLVE A LITTLEBIT!