PDA

View Full Version : about instruments you play

fear + loathing
02-07-2004, 10:25 AM
yeah i play the drums and i thought i'd start a thread where people can discuss stuff about the instrument they paly or whatever....

anyone know any good exercises to build on couble bass drum technique? i just recently bought a double pedal but found that my left foot sucks and can't keep up with my right.

m e g
02-07-2004, 10:34 AM
yeah i play the drums and i thought i'd start a thread where people can discuss stuff about the instrument they paly or whatever....

anyone know any good exercises to build on couble bass drum technique? i just recently bought a double pedal but found that my left foot sucks and can't keep up with my right.
I can sort of play the piano and the guitar a little. I have a fiddle which I'm dying to learn when my life gets less hectic.

empty_blanket
02-07-2004, 10:34 AM
just try doing some sort of roll with them, and keep it at a constant speed untill you can even them out, and then try speeing it up. Or something, I don't know, I'm not a very good drummer :P

Anyhoot, I play guitar, bass and drums. Guitar and bass, I play fairly well, drums, not quite so well. I also took piano lessons for 8 years

Wow!

Flojob
02-07-2004, 11:34 AM

I have been playing drums since second grade. to practice double bass just do exactly what you do with your hands; double stoke roll, five stroke roll, seven stroke roll etc. paradidles, and of course just plain old single stoke roll. start off very slow. it takes a while to get it going. I practiced for about a year before i really got it. i know that is a long time, but it opens up so many things for your playing that are great. Of course just fooling around helps a lot too, but pratice rudiments as well and it will happen faster.

Narcasist
02-07-2004, 12:23 PM
I play piano..not much to say really, but I can play The Lonely Man (the end song to the incredible hulk show) which is about the coolest thing I can do. I've been learning Karma Police also..

Matteran
02-07-2004, 01:05 PM
guitar, bass, tablas, saxophone...

i love music more than anything in the world.

Paladin
02-08-2004, 10:53 AM
You guys got nothing on me... I play synth, speak and spell, talking teacher, burning bear, drums, guitar, bass, other various kids toys and percussion.
i own the market on noise.

paraflux
02-08-2004, 12:02 PM
You guys got nothing on me... I play synth, speak and spell, talking teacher, burning bear, drums, guitar, bass, other various kids toys and percussion.
i own the market on noise.

I did know a guy who took a speak and spell apart, reassembled it so that it talked slower/faster, ran it rhough a reverb unit and a vocal digitizer. It was one of the craziest pieces in a band I have ever seen.

I play a Warwick 5-string Corvette and keyboards. In high school and college I played piano in jazz band, cuz i started piano in second grade. IN high school I also played various brass intruments (baritone, tuba, trombone).

Paladin
02-08-2004, 01:29 PM
I did know a guy who took a speak and spell apart, reassembled it so that it talked slower/faster, ran it rhough a reverb unit and a vocal digitizer. It was one of the craziest pieces in a band I have ever seen.

I play a Warwick 5-string Corvette and keyboards. In high school and college I played piano in jazz band, cuz i started piano in second grade. IN high school I also played various brass intruments (baritone, tuba, trombone).

yeah, the speak and spell, and other various kids toys i have 'reassembled' to do that stuff and more like distortion and glitches and filtering and stuff, its cool.

OftenLost
02-12-2004, 05:19 PM
I play bass, cello, and piano. Bass being my main instrument. I can hold my own at bass to say the least, I suck at cello, and I can play Message to Harry Manback on piano so that must mean Im pro. Im more of a composer/theory kind of person.