to feel
to know I'm a lie.

no_quarter420
12-27-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Well Known
to breathe
to feel
to know I'm a lie.

Umm, dude, I hate to be a jerk here, but that is wrong.
The line is actually..."To Breathe, to feel, to Know I'm alive." And because I thought I may have been mistaken, I looked it up...on this website...in the lyric department...Unless you were going for some unforseen little pun, or play on words. In which case, it still didn't work. Just thought i would let you know. Thanks.

jimbotron
12-28-2002, 01:48 PM
I think it works well with to know i'm a lie. I mean what the fuck, why not? Just because the lyrics section says one thing doesn't mean that a replacement lyric doesn't work. I think that Maynard could easily sing that, and while it would change one's interpretation of the song, it could definitely fit.

no_quarter420
12-28-2002, 03:12 PM
Excellent point Jimbotron...and honestly, after I posted that I got to thinking about the dynamics of the song if that were the lyrics. and it really opened my eyes. As you pointed out, it takes on a whole new meaning. I also think I was a little harsh. I sincerely apologize for that. I feel like an ass if you really want to know the truth...I use my first ever post on here to tell someone they are wrong...no one is wrong...maybe misunderstood, but never wrong. I do sincerely apologize, and if wjhen I go to my next TOOL show and Maynard sats..."to Breathe, To Feel, To know I am a lie" I am really going to feel like an ass!