PDA

View Full Version : The message in laterlaus

haarp
02-05-2004, 04:46 PM
I was on acid and listend to the hole album, and I learned that the message that tool gives in laterlaus is "fuck you music industry" There are alot of bands who copyed tool's style, and got it totaly wrong by making depressing songs about killing everyone and etc, I dont belive tool has any negative messages like that in any of there songs. But they can be very grahpic, and dark, bands started to copy tool and made even darker songs that have no positve sides to them...

Tool then decide to go another way, instead of the kill me kill you I wanne kill myself depressing bullshit you hear this days, tool made a statment with laterlaus, that being alive is acctualy a gift, that you should embrace every second in your life. Tool owns my life

nate
02-06-2004, 05:19 PM
Edit: W...shit, I accidently hit the quick reply button with the quote box checked.

stephenlc
02-16-2004, 07:17 AM
Your stupid!!!

Stalkz
02-16-2004, 02:54 PM
Wow... have you listend to the album at all?

If so, it looks like you've only heard Parabol/Parabola.

The only "Fuck you music industry!" song Tool made was Hooker With A Penis. and maybe Intolerance.

Tool hardly ever adresses anything, ANYTHING from the outside world. They make music that is music, not stories from their daily life. They're not rappers. If what you got from that album was "Fuck the industry", you DEEPLY missed the point. Try listening again. You're somewhere near the right track with your life being a gift statement, but are greatly veering in the wrong direction.

corps d'allumen
02-18-2004, 12:13 PM
Dig Me
it's here I sit and rust amid this ruin and rancor like tire irons
toothy grills and car parts before me...the acid rain floods my
floorboard, burns my pores, and rots my upholstry.. once I was
worshipped, polished magnificently, now I lay in decay by the dirty
angry bay...

I'm ready to leave
I wanna get out of here
I'm ready to ride away
I don't want to die in here
I'm ready to ride

mmy skin is metallic now, no longer an elegant powder blue... my body
unhinged and sleeping in the jungle of motor block manifolds and metal
relics... what was deluxe becomes debris, I never questioned loyalty,
but this dead end demolishes the dream of an open highway...

dig me...but don't...bury me

KC

Talonwulf
02-22-2004, 10:42 AM
Yeeaaaa right. I can really see that its saying "fuck you music industry". What a load of pathetic uninspired moronic imbosilic stupidity. See what drugs do to u? And alot is TWO, yes, TWO words. [I say this to everyone, its just sumthin that annoys me :P]

beastenick
03-21-2004, 01:00 AM
i disagree. definately more spiritual than fuck you music industry...

Odradek79
03-21-2004, 01:10 AM
I am an angry cunt. i don't have any opinions about anything because they take too much time. i would like to buy an airplane and blow up a small island. as long as there are no people on it silly! I'm not a big meanie.

allright listen up you cunt draggers cause i'm only going to say this one time. while my good man here may have a simplistic message and why, i wonder, am i defending him, you are no better to think that your so godamn slick that you can come out and say something against him. do you want to know what you sound like? you sound like shit. so lets listen to a little tale told by my friend and yours the spikey marmoset.

the spikey marmoset woke up one day and realized that he was wearing a collar, the spikey marmoset dug a hole in the back yard to hide the bodies. the spikey marmoset was in fact a murderer. the spikey marmoset drove to las vegas and fucked a stripper. the end.

P.S. How come the people that post more are called "deep thinkers?" is that an honorary title or did you earn it? no of course you didn't earn it i was just being sarcastic. one day you found it thrust upon you and because it seemed flattering you accepted it, how typical. and i think its funny how everybody chooses to ignore the the last part of mr. post starters message and only focus on the music industry part. not the "tool owns my life" part, thats a little extreme and teenage(am i getting old?) but the part directly preceeding that,

to a child of the machine the machines children seem remarkably unchildlike, in fact they reflect adulthood in everyway. right down to the walk and the preening stance. they wait forever for something to arive and when it doesnt they will kill you. this is not the child of the machines only digression. the child of the machine believes that he or she is contacted, that he or she holds some miraculous place whithin the framework of their parent the machine. if the machine is deprived or depraved, then they are deprived or depraved. if the machine is honored by other machines then they, by extension, are honored. by this i mean to say that we can all die happily inside the machines gravity.

corps d'allumen
03-21-2004, 01:42 AM
P.S. How come the people that post more are called "deep thinkers?" is that an honorary title or did you earn it? no of course you didn't earn it i was just being sarcastic. one day you found it thrust upon you and because it seemed flattering you accepted it, how typical.
LOL all I can say is this:

Level 7- Loquacious

Pronunciation: lO-'kwA-sh&s
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin loquac-, loquax, from loqui to speak
1 : full of excessive talk : WORDY
2 : given to fluent or excessive talk : GARRULOUS
synonym see TALKATIVE

The irony builds as I post about posting...
Also, if you're like me, from the year disco died, you're not old.

ÆnimaticEnigma
03-25-2004, 07:07 PM
Wow... have you listend to the album at all?

If so, it looks like you've only heard Parabol/Parabola.

The only "Fuck you music industry!" song Tool made was Hooker With A Penis. and maybe Intolerance.

Tool hardly ever adresses anything, ANYTHING from the outside world. They make music that is music, not stories from their daily life. They're not rappers. If what you got from that album was "Fuck the industry", you DEEPLY missed the point. Try listening again. You're somewhere near the right track with your life being a gift statement, but are greatly veering in the wrong direction.

..Lateralus addresses fibonacci, The Grudge adresses Astrology... The Patient (?) adresses religion

A lot of their older songs address Jesus...

If you mean like the current events

Ænema (Fuck L Ron Hubbard and fuck all his clones...)
Hush(Censorship)

Probably more but I'm about to fall asleep right here...

But I agree with you halfway on Lateralus(the album)

ÆnimaticEnigma
03-25-2004, 07:09 PM
Yeeaaaa right. I can really see that its saying "fuck you music industry". What a load of pathetic uninspired moronic imbosilic stupidity. See what drugs do to u? And alot is TWO, yes, TWO words. [I say this to everyone, its just sumthin that annoys me :P]

then why didn't you say a lot, not alot...

'If you're going to correct me you can at least do it right'

Junkie07
04-29-2004, 11:23 AM
lol..."fuck the music industry?" are you a korn fan or something? hahaha... Tool is much deeper than that. That's surface talk, you're floating on the top, belly up. Learn to swim.

Triangular_Vision
05-05-2004, 07:25 PM

wow, webster dictionary defintion of Deaf and blind and dumb and born to F**KIN FOLLOW. Two words, two words seriousely 1 Open, 2 Mind.

Triangular_Vision
05-05-2004, 07:25 PM
lol..."fuck the music industry?" are you a korn fan or something? hahaha... Tool is much deeper than that. That's surface talk, you're floating on the top, belly up. Learn to swim.

Agreed.

Perseensilmä
05-23-2004, 01:42 PM
Youre bunch of stupid motherfuckers. The album says: Fuck you music industry. If you cant even see why is it so, youre fucking morons. Stupid American morons. It also says alot of other things. But the bottom line is: Fuck you music industry.
One thing that bothers me while reading these forums, is that alot of people think that theyre smarter than they really are. Just because you listen to tool, doesnt mean that youre clever. The quality of your responses totally pissed me off. Tool fans are just as stupid as any others band fans. You proved it to me. These forums are just for fucking American cleverwannabees. Fuck yourself, y´all.

eonbluecasanova
05-23-2004, 01:45 PM
you are an idiot if you are serious

Perseensilmä
05-23-2004, 01:47 PM
Umm..sorry I meant to say yourselves.

Perseensilmä
05-23-2004, 01:49 PM
Actually I am serious, and I am not an idiot. Do you even know what is an idiot. I dont have any mental problems.

eonbluecasanova
05-23-2004, 01:49 PM
you're still an idiot

Perseensilmä
05-23-2004, 01:50 PM
What makes me an idiot? I really wanna know?

eonbluecasanova
05-23-2004, 01:51 PM
This is why:
Youre bunch of stupid motherfuckers. The album says: Fuck you music industry. If you cant even see why is it so, youre fucking morons. Stupid American morons. It also says alot of other things. But the bottom line is: Fuck you music industry.
One thing that bothers me while reading these forums, is that alot of people think that theyre smarter than they really are. Just because you listen to tool, doesnt mean that youre clever. The quality of your responses totally pissed me off. Tool fans are just as stupid as any others band fans. You proved it to me. These forums are just for fucking American cleverwannabees. Fuck yourself, y´all.

Perseensilmä
05-23-2004, 01:53 PM
I didnt understand. Posting something makes me an idiot? Pick a specific point and tell me what caught your eye.

eonbluecasanova
05-23-2004, 01:54 PM
Basically the whole thing, thats why I quoted it

Perseensilmä
05-23-2004, 01:58 PM
That s my opinion, that doesnt make me an idiot. But hey mister "893 posted", I really wanna know. Im trying to get into some kind of an arquement. If you cant come up with something better than youre ugly or youre stupid, then it proves that youre just another stupid cocksucker.I wanna know WHY you dont like my post.

eonbluecasanova
05-23-2004, 02:01 PM
I cant be bothered to argue with a 12 year old virgin like yourself, but I will say that just because someone dosent see something that I'm 99.99% sure Marnard was trying to say, dosent make them stupid motherfuckers.

So please, shut the fuck up if youre going to insult people like that.

Perseensilmä
05-23-2004, 02:08 PM
Oh, so you agree with the fuck music industry part? And actually I am 19 and I really am smart. I can say that, it has been proved. But if I insult stupid people, doesnt that make them aware that they are stupid. Im making them a favor. Maybe theyll learn something and leva the stupidhood.

eonbluecasanova
05-23-2004, 02:11 PM
*sigh*

no, I cant, in any way, shape, or form, see how you see Maynard was trying to say "fuck the music industry"

Perseensilmä
05-23-2004, 02:18 PM
Well, the whole act of making lateralus-like album is saying, fuck you, im making it my own way. Thats how I see it. Theyre taking their music into the direction, where the music industry hasnt been going. But actuallu, Tool is a part of music industry. And I cant know is Tools direction just what the label wanted. So its kinda funny. I dont know.

Perseensilmä
05-23-2004, 02:26 PM
And I must correct you. It was tool saying fuck you music industry, not Maynard. Please read the threads carefully.

Odradek79
06-24-2004, 08:22 PM
I'm with persee on some of the things that he or she has to say. he or she makes sense when saying things like you think your smart just because you listen to tool and things like that. the man(?) is right. theres too much self-satisfied nonsense in these forums. i get sick when i see the forum gliterrati insult, degrade, and diminish people who have an opinion that isnt favorable to the band or themselves. i think that the position you people are taking when confronting the world is very shallow and hopelessly self interested and that in attempting to do justice to the "cause" you wish to sustain you are in fact doing nothing but damage. i would ask you to get over your in-group nonsense and try to embrace all opinions and manifestations of the universal mind before you become vulgar and plagerized.

imaduh
08-05-2004, 08:25 AM
Well that was all nonsense.
I know what! Let's let ME make a declarative statement! Funtimes for everybody! Prepare to watch your eyes bleed!
"A physical impossibility!", you say? Take some (natural drugs secreted by your synapses) or (acid to rejuvenate thine imagineering magical faculties) and witness the hemophilia gestate!
The arguements over an individuals right to opinion and subjectively experiance anything is under debate in the context of the very proceeding, in everything that follows, so tread carefully, as control over thou is superfluous, and exhumes volumes of doubt. Mark these words as nothing more than just that which precedeed it.
"Fah!", I say!
"A-ha-ah," again!
PS: What does your Avatar mean to YOU?!

shi wei hsi ming
08-05-2004, 11:52 AM
Wow. That's anger.

ctprelude
08-12-2004, 01:15 PM
I don't agree with you that is the message in Lateralus, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I find it amazing how people on message boards attack each other for the most miniscule of reasons.

Leon5465
08-14-2004, 08:50 PM
I know what idiot means! In ancient Greek times, an idiot was one who did not vote.

Leon5465
08-14-2004, 08:53 PM
Here's another interesting tidbit of information. In medieval times, demon was the word for a person of intellect. The church decided that scientific information was evil because it disproved some of the church's beliefs. So... They decided that demons were evil which is where the meaning we have today comes from.

bleeding
08-15-2004, 01:16 AM

Before I start, I'm English so I'm far from an American Idiot, but wouldn't you think Tool would appreciate something that let them release records and spread them to that audience? Although I'm not going into detail or argument, I personally don't believe the fuck-you-music-industry theory, why would they bite the hand that feeds them?

bleeding
08-15-2004, 01:21 AM
That s my opinion, that doesnt make me an idiot. But hey mister "893 posted", I really wanna know. Im trying to get into some kind of an arquement. If you cant come up with something better than youre ugly or youre stupid, then it proves that youre just another stupid cocksucker.I wanna know WHY you dont like my post.

1. Firstly, if it's an opinion, why did you demand that it is what Lateralus says and call us all stupid motherfuckers for not apparantly realising it?
2. Why did you ask him if he could come up with anyhting better than "Stupid" and then straight away call him a "Stupid cocksucker"?