PDA

View Full Version : The Length of Triad

Swim On
01-25-2004, 11:02 AM
Personally, and I'm sure some of you agree, I think Triad ends far too quickly. By the time the last "explosion" or climatic piece rolls in, that's when I finally feel the emotion the song conveys...but seconds afterwards, it's over. And it doesn't fade or slow down...it just kind of ends all together, and you're left with silence.

Any other thoughts/complaints/etc. about the overall length?

botley
02-15-2004, 05:42 PM
Sometimes I'll be listening to it and find it grating and way too long, other times you're right: it will end far too soon for me to enjoy. But following it with 2:30 of silence is a good thing in either case.

AllforUnity
03-04-2004, 12:52 PM
l think Triad would be the perfect song to have sex to.

Chaos Theory
03-05-2004, 09:19 PM
Perhaps it was meant to end just as the feeling is conveyed. One theory about Lateralus is that it tells the story of a relationship breaking down and reconciling, with Dis/Ref/Tri being the final chapter. Perhaps the final reconciliation is meant to be felt from listening to Triad, and, with the story told, the final chapter ends.

AllforUnity
03-10-2004, 12:58 PM
Perhaps.

crazypsycho6666
03-25-2004, 06:33 PM
i believe that it represents the ups and downs of life, then death (SILENCE) and then the unkown ( FDO )

ÆnimaticEnigma
04-10-2004, 02:27 PM

Definitely not if you're trying to be romantic

ÆnimaticEnigma
04-11-2004, 05:25 PM
AllforUnity, I stand corrected. I was listening to it, and I was like "mm...nevermind"

AllforUnity
04-22-2004, 11:33 AM
Haha...like l said.

Orph8998
04-29-2004, 04:04 PM
i agree, but it is a 79 or 78 minute CD, so they probably were running out of time, also, i must say that you have some pretty damn boring sex AllforUnity...
i think i would have to be watching tv while i screwed you....

Chaos Theory
04-30-2004, 06:43 AM
i agree, but it is a 79 or 78 minute CD, so they probably were running out of time
They put 2 minutes of silence after it. Not to mention the fact that they would have removed a few segues if they needed more time.

Dumbass.

Orph8998
04-30-2004, 09:28 PM
i think a lot of that is necissary to capture the mood. even the silence. they probably sat down and decided what tracks would be best to take out. the only think i perosnaly think they might want to scew is disposition, i think it is a little long. but that's just me.

Camernr
05-16-2004, 02:40 PM
It seemed that way when I listen to it idependently of Disposition/Reflection. If I listen to all 3 consecutively it fits very well.

TheInsideSource
05-29-2004, 02:14 AM
Personally, and I'm sure some of you agree, I think Triad ends far too quickly. By the time the last "explosion" or climatic piece rolls in, that's when I finally feel the emotion the song conveys...but seconds afterwards, it's over. And it doesn't fade or slow down...it just kind of ends all together, and you're left with silence.

Any other thoughts/complaints/etc. about the overall length?

If you feel disappointed by the length of the studio version of Triad, you need to download some live versions of said song.

I have over 5 high quality live versions of Triad and they are amazing, also most of them are over the length of 10 minutes as the band improvise...Another reason why I prefer live Triad to studio version is that while on tour, Adam added a guitar solo towards the end of the song and it's brilliant.

PM me if you want them...

Triangular_Vision
06-18-2004, 08:44 PM

songs not long enough...

Triangular_Vision
06-18-2004, 08:45 PM
Perhaps it was meant to end just as the feeling is conveyed. One theory about Lateralus is that it tells the story of a relationship breaking down and reconciling, with Dis/Ref/Tri being the final chapter. Perhaps the final reconciliation is meant to be felt from listening to Triad, and, with the story told, the final chapter ends.

i find it slightly amusing that so many people think that lateralus is about relationships with people... try the source. relationship with the source. take a look at the art work and its inspiration.

Triangular_Vision
06-18-2004, 08:51 PM
I just noticed that the conversation is much richer in information if read backwards from this point UP! more towards the top. pretty crazy if u think about it...

g-bay-be
06-24-2004, 04:47 PM
songs not long enough...

this song isnt long enough to have sex too???well some of my friend arent that... how do you say... talented. LOL

IC
07-11-2004, 07:19 PM
stop talking about me

Lackymacky
08-13-2004, 10:13 PM
i believe that it represents the ups and downs of life, then death (SILENCE) and then the unkown ( FDO )

makes sense

TheHolyGift
08-27-2004, 12:32 AM
One of the best theories on Lateralus as a whole I've heard yet is that it chronicles life. In this case, Triad is a violent fall towards death (Silence, duh.). The song itself could even be life. If fades in, then ends abruptly. But I think the former makes more sense.

Cyanide ChrYst
08-29-2004, 10:10 AM
You have a pretty mouth, Gift.

Triangular_Vision
09-01-2004, 10:06 PM
have you heard of the spiral order theory? lateralus makes alot more sense in this order with NO pauses, 13 - 6 7 5 8 4 9 3 10 2 11 1 12 - 13... to tired to exlain it right now... just listen... its wierd.

Seph's Dialated Aperture
09-10-2004, 04:39 PM
I thought a couple times that Triad is one of those songs in which I would play if I were on TV and needed my own theme song. I got the idea when I was watching some Xtreme Bikeriding show where they did tricks, and each guy had his own song playing in the background. One had rap, one had punk metal like Linkin Park or something, and I thought "you know, I would have Triad play, or The Grudge". Then I woke up.

x7 Lateralus 7x
10-07-2004, 10:11 AM
personally i picture a baron wastland when i hear this song, especially when that guitar part, thats sort of high pitched covers the constant strumming for a short time. i picture myself driving at a high speed across an abandoned highway looking over at our own cities that we have build, gray sky, smoke coming out of huge stuctures. when the song gets loud, i think of an apocalypse, but not one caused by nature thanks to the track after triad.

i think this track was made so that we may invision something dead like, a depressing picture but yet exciting at the same time, to link to the alien skit after this song; as a cause or a current status of how things were before "they" came into play to kill most of the population.

i theorize myself of a greater being destroying the entire, or most of the human race, once we make things unrepairable, and paths unwalkable; this is all the song makes me think of.