PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of 11:11

tha_phenom
01-24-2004, 09:23 PM
"Everything in our reality is a metaphor for something that helps explain who we are and why we are here."

- http://www.crystalinks.com/11.11.html

To me this would tie in the 11:11 theory with every other theory that have been posted about this song.

I could say Jimmy is about a bad relationship, relationship gone bad or the regret of leaving someone. Wether it be with your mother or your significant other - its of no matter except that it works on a reality level and is construed into this metaphor to help explain who we are and why we are here. Thus making the 11:11 theory and my/your theories one and one.

Maynard made this one vague for a reason. So it would fit the lives of all those who would be willing to open their minds to it.

Something to chew on.

jpmanson
01-24-2004, 09:33 PM
i just love the "science" that these people go on about..

Stalkz
02-18-2004, 06:55 AM
Reality - the spiral of consciousness as if through a slinky toy - through many levels of experience - at the same time for the soul. The spiral gives the illusion of time - but once in meditation or dream state - or beyond the slinky - there is no time.

Spiral out.

In(di)go
02-28-2004, 05:38 PM
Spiral out.keep going...

first time i heard this song i definitely thought about 11:11 ... it's just weird all the stuff i keep finding in tools records... and the best is, it never stops

Luna Galapogos
02-28-2004, 11:39 PM
I have heard the 11:11 theory in here before. And every time I come to the Jimmy part of this forum I don't want to go in because it seems like a different world from the rest of the opinion page. The 11:11 theory seems really contradictory and false, and I don't think that Maynard would've been using this in the song. I do admit that he says "hold your light" but then he says "11 hold lead me through each gentle step, by step, by inch, by loaded memory" he says 11, not 11:11. Also he says one and one, are one, eleven and that equates to 1+1=1, 11. There is one too many ones there.

AllforUnity
03-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Heey, finally, someone who agrees with me. Thanks Luna.

slave2addictions
03-03-2004, 02:28 PM
I agree with luna sorta...i think 1 is the child 1 is the mother and 11 is the relationship.

Tantobourne
03-03-2004, 05:38 PM
I agree with luna sorta...i think 1 is the child 1 is the mother and 11 is the relationship.Perhaps one is the anima, and one is the animus and one is the completed whole, or Jung's "syzygy". The child of the past meets the adult of the future (or now), bridging the gap that lay between and tying up some loose strings that were left dangling in the interim.

"So good to see you.
I've missed you so much.
So glad it's over.
I've missed you so much
Came out to watch you play.
Why are you running away?"