PDA

View Full Version : The dire extroversion.

AllforUnity
01-23-2004, 11:47 AM
I'm going to give my own interpretation of this song. Before I begin, a reminder: this is the way I think, my theory/belief/thoughts…you don't have to think the same.

I believe this whole CD has to do with metamorphosis of life, or of mind. This song included, it seems it has to do with separation (the obvious).

First verse:

I know the pieces fit cuz I watched them fall away
Mildewed and smoldering. Fundamental differing.
Pure intention juxtaposed will set two lovers souls in motion
Disintegrating as it goes testing our communication
The light that fueled our fire then has burned a hole between us so
We cannot see to reach an end crippling our communication.
This verse is about communication, and separation. But…I don't think it's exactly separation between two people, or things, but maybe the mind. Knowing the pieces of yourself fit, because you watched yourself break down, in a kind of since. But then it speaks of the two lovers souls, setting in motion. It's saying that pure souls set side by side with each other will enable you to be able to communicate, or be in motion. But most good things come to an end, perhaps is what the next line in the song means…"Disintegrating as it goes, testing our communication." I suppose, overtime the relationship you have with someone, or the pureness will fade, and the things you have to endure will test you, and your relationship with that person, and the things that you once loved about that relationship, destroys it…"The light that fueled our fire then has burned a whole between us…" And you don't even realize it until it's too late, hence, "we cannot see to reach and end."

Second verse:

I know the pieces fit cuz I watched them tumble down
No fault, none to blame it doesn't mean I don't desire to
Point the finger, blame the other, watch the temple topple over.
To bring the pieces back together, rediscover communication
Everything that happens you don't want to blame yourself, you don't want to know it was you who faulted, and you who is to blame…so you point the finger and blame the other, but that ruins things…"watch the temple topple over." And after that you have this overwhelming pain, and desire to fix…so you try to "bring the pieces back together, rediscover communication."

Sub-verse:

The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
And the circling is worth it.
Finding beauty in the dissonance.
Going around again, and finding yourself, is worth the circling. As long as you find that "beauty in the dissonance." Then it's fine, in a since. This nihilism might come over you in life, a pessimistic view, perhaps…but you should always try to find yourself.

Next verse:

There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away.
Mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting
I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing
Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.
You covet what you see everyday…it strangles you, or strangles you and your relationship with others. You shouldn't second guess things, you should grow and strengthen. The desire to reform and metamorphoses will come.

Last verse:
Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any
Sense of compassion
between supposed lovers/brothers
This is probably my favorite verse of the song…it's so true. Just read it…cold silence, it will atrophy compassion, between lovers, or brothers.

AllforUnity
01-23-2004, 12:00 PM
l accidentally didn't space between what the verses say and what l said, l apologize for that, l hope it's still read-able, if not, P.M. me and l'll fix it.

deathoughts
04-26-2004, 05:37 AM
hey man....

im not sure what really to say....

because of course my view of it is going to be different... and as you have stated everyone is different...

uhmm...

schism - the dividing of a group.....

well... i dunno man...

my mind is kinda blank...

there are infinite meanings to tool songs... im sure that was done on purpose...

ill have to come back here later when my mind is warm...

see ya man