PDA

View Full Version : We're all the vampire...

AllforUnity
01-22-2004, 07:59 AM
I'm going to give my own interpretation of this song. Before I begin, a reminder: this is the way I think, my theory/belief/thoughts…you don't have to think the same.

I think this song is talking about everything to do with life, in general, it's talking about how you should have patients when "bad" things happen to you…I suppose, that's a message we've all come to conceive at one point of time, when dealing with this song…

The first verse:

A groan of tedium escapes me
Startling the fearful.
Is this a test? It has to be
Otherwise I can't go on
Draining patients, drain vitality this
Paranoid, paralyzed vampire acts a little odd…

I think this verse is talking about your inner spirit, or inner-self. The paranoid, paralyzed vampire is you. "Is this a test? It has to be." Is referring to life, and when things come up, you don't believe you can go on if it's not something that you can handle, or something that you don't want to deal with…so it drains you, your patients, and vitality.

Second verse:

But I'm still right here
Givin' blood, keepin' faith
And I'm still right here…

This is talking about how, even when you've come across something in your life that you can't handle, you should still try to live, and give what you can, hence "givin' blood" and you should always keep faith in what you do, or what you believe…you shouldn't let things change that, you should always be right here giving and keeping faith.

Wait it out,
Gonna wait it out.
Be patient

This is saying, pretty much what I said above…and that we should always wait things out, because usually, they get better, with time.

"Course"

If there were no rewards to reap
No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here
I certainly would have walked away by now
Gonna wait it out…

This is discussing people, and certain things in your life. It's hard to get through life on your own, which is the reason we have our "material" items to love, and to help us through. Your best friend, for example, would probably comfort you when you have a problem, or would probably try to help in any way possible, which is the loving embrace that keeps you through life…and that's just an example, there are plenty of other things that soothe, and such. It's talking about the path you choose and how you can't get through it alone…or like it says, you probably would have walked away by now. Especially if you live by pessimistic, nihilist thoughts of life, it's always good to have something there to "embrace" you.

If there were no desire to heal
The damage and broken met along
This tedious path I've chosen here
I certainly would have walked away
By now…

If you didn't care about life, or anything like that "if there were no desire to heal" then you should choose a different path…

Next verse:

And I still may…and I still may
Be patient
I must keep reminding myself of this

This means, in life, you should remind yourself of the good, and you should remind yourself of why you're living, or perhaps, what you're living for. You must keep reminding yourself of this to keep alive, and to keep spirit.

And the last verse was already discussed.

Well, give me your thoughts on my piece. I'd like to hear them, complimentary, or criticism. Thanks.

AllforUnity
01-23-2004, 09:10 AM
Very good, thanks man. l'll probably steal your idea and think of it that way from now on.

astaroth
02-14-2004, 10:01 PM
good piece...

well, a vampire is someone who is dead and sucks the life blood out of people. However, this vampire is acting old. He is starting to give blood instead of take it. He realizes that taking blood is not the way to immortality but rather giving blood.

this could be interpretated infinitely by anyone... yet, that's where the fun lies.
i think maynard is talking about the person in question

the line is "this paranoid, paralised vampyre acts a little old" see this line in the same light as "jesus won't you fucking whistle something but the past and done", he means it in the context of "geez, can't we talk about something else?" I think the line means "time to change this act, its been done, its outta fashion."