PDA

View Full Version : Finally..a (breakthrough?)

IC
01-19-2004, 03:51 PM
Well, many people have been wondering about the hidden message in this song. it is definately there..but yesterday I got a clue. My friend and I were downloading videos, and we came across a video that had never been there before, (actually three.)
anyway, it was
a live, semingly offical looking video taping of 'No Quarter' Live performed by tool. It starts off with maynard doing something I've never heard him do before: 'be silly'

he says "this song...we dont normally do this song, but we'll do it for you specical because YOU'RE OUR FAVORITE AUDIENCE EVER!!!!!...............................ah....yea. ..

adam kicks in the guitar.

as we watched on, I told my friend about the message that is inaudible on the album, salival. at the time in this video when that message starts, maynard was silent. however, the last 2 bars of music before they kick it back in, maynard says something, although he slurs it, it really sounded like

"look into jesus's eyes, because he's coming to get you," and he turns as the music hits back in

on kazaa, type in 'tool live' in video and get No Quarter
check it out

jpmanson
01-19-2004, 04:07 PM
there was a thread on here way back that had something in french. it was liek "jesus is my friend, i need him as he needs me" or something like that. that whole thread caused a lot of contraversy on here, no one wants to believe that maynard would say something positive about christ..

IC
01-20-2004, 12:25 PM
well thats just stupid

anyway, maynard respects jesus. he respects budah, muhammad, etc. he is pissed at the middle men who twist their visions of peace for their benifit.

and, that french thing was a lie, basicly. the guy said so himself

IC
01-20-2004, 12:52 PM
dont mess with me, im gullable

tomatoms
01-21-2004, 02:06 PM
dont mess with me, im gullable

and thus your christian upbringing has you in a chokehold in assuming that he says anything about jesus there.

i was pretty sure it said:

"something you keep held deep inside, ?it would have killed your whole family."?

that's just my interpretaiton of the situation. i hardly believe he'd whisper something into a microphone that would make his followers/fans think the son of god is coming for them! come on dude. that's ludicrous. listen harder.

enough of this christian garf. free your minds.

ima listen again and reaffirm.

tomatoms
01-21-2004, 03:07 PM
yeah, dude, no jesus there. what's jesus got to do with anything anyway?

i might plug in a minidisc to my stereo, with the karaoke button, and show you guys what i've been raving about. it's really something. as i've said, the message, is longer than one might thing, and indeed there are whispers that extend all the way up to the "lock the door, kill the light" at 6:30 or so in the song. the whispers sound somewhat like the one in that live vid. maybe i'll enlighten you, maybe i won't.

jpmanson
01-21-2004, 03:22 PM
havent been taking your medication again huh?

IC
02-06-2004, 04:51 PM
and thus your christian upbringing has you in a chokehold in assuming that he says anything about jesus there.

i was pretty sure it said:

"something you keep held deep inside, ?it would have killed your whole family."?

that's just my interpretaiton of the situation. i hardly believe he'd whisper something into a microphone that would make his followers/fans think the son of god is coming for them! come on dude. that's ludicrous. listen harder.

enough of this christian garf. free your minds.

ima listen again and reaffirm.

wow

what hypocritical bullshit man
free your minds
yes lets listen to other people to us to free our minds
of what? Im not maynard
i dont know why he says what ever he says
im just saying thats what i heard i dont know whys
but what you heard and i heard are completely different
i didnt guess, i listened and thats what i thought
i wouldnt have thought maynard would have talked about jesus
i dunno
thats what i heard

AllforUnity
02-19-2004, 01:07 PM
When do you think TOOL's next album will come out? Anyone have any ideas?