PDA

View Full Version : cat

IC
01-18-2004, 04:00 PM
im not sure how you spell it off the top of my head, but the song has the elements of the theory "Shro''dering's Cat" For those unframiliar with the theory, it is explained:

there is an opaque box. inside it, there is a cat. inside this box, there are 2 switches. one, when tripped, will provide the cat with posion. the other, when tripped, will provide ordinary food. once one switch is toggled, the other cannot be triggered.

now, the cat toggles a switch. what happened? inside that box, there exists another reality. You cannot see the cat, and while you contomplate the outcome, the cat is inside the box. Right now, it is both dead and alive. as soon as you open the box, our reality goes in and forces a decision to be made. the cat cannot be dead and alive at the same time in our reality, so when you open the box, it has to be one or the other.

in this song, maynard is looking out on the world, on his decisions, and on the future. the box is about to opened, and he must choose an outcome. "all the times i have died, i will die, but i dont mind"...something to think about...

hunter
05-18-2004, 08:13 PM
yeah that sounds right,but who realy knows>>

Merkabæ
11-19-2004, 02:50 PM
im not sure how you spell it off the top of my head, but the song has the elements of the theory "Shro''dering's Cat" For those unframiliar with the theory, it is explained:

there is an opaque box. inside it, there is a cat. inside this box, there are 2 switches. one, when tripped, will provide the cat with posion. the other, when tripped, will provide ordinary food. once one switch is toggled, the other cannot be triggered.

now, the cat toggles a switch. what happened? inside that box, there exists another reality. You cannot see the cat, and while you contomplate the outcome, the cat is inside the box. Right now, it is both dead and alive. as soon as you open the box, our reality goes in and forces a decision to be made. the cat cannot be dead and alive at the same time in our reality, so when you open the box, it has to be one or the other.

in this song, maynard is looking out on the world, on his decisions, and on the future. the box is about to opened, and he must choose an outcome. "all the times i have died, i will die, but i dont mind"...something to think about...

That's a cool theory.

Cyanide ChrYst
11-23-2004, 12:32 AM
Ive read a simplified theory.

The cat is placed in an ordinary box. The box is closed. There is not a 100% chance the cat will be there when it is opened, according to some law or something.

Reaver
11-23-2004, 08:36 AM
that is very interesting..

Merkabæ
11-23-2004, 09:31 AM
Didn't the definition of "lateralus" have something to do with a box and abstract thought?