PDA

View Full Version : Where was this song recorded at

rlangevi
11-19-2002, 04:25 PM
Does anyone know where the songs from saliva were recorded at, i know they list them on the cd, but dont say which trakcs came from which shows

Chris_Brightwell
11-21-2002, 10:20 PM
I don't remember all of them, but I do know that Pushit was supposed to be from Portland.

If I can find the list on this computer somewhere, I'll post it.

Thanks.
Chris Brightwell // moderator

dan
11-23-2002, 12:26 AM
i heard, and read, that pushit was recorded in Utah. same as Part of me.

Patton>You
11-25-2002, 04:51 PM
i believe i heard that some of the songs were recorded in either wisconsin or utah

Chris_Brightwell
11-25-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by dan
i heard, and read, that pushit was recorded in Utah. same as Part of me.

Completely possible. I've been looking for where I read that it was from Portland, but I can't find it.

Thanks.

Chris_Brightwell
11-25-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Patton>You
i believe i heard that some of the songs were recorded in either wisconsin or utah

The Salival credits read as follows:

Live Songs Recorded At
Salt Lake City, UT
Portland, OR
San Diego, CA
Denver, CO

Thanks.

the_chef
12-01-2002, 06:32 AM
i like to imagine the utah tool fans deserve something that amazing, seeing as how they have to tolerate all those mormons.

Schishole
12-05-2002, 08:22 PM
hehe thanks for the pity Chef..

I was there at the Utah show in question.. '98 I think. Either they recorded Pushit or Part of Me there.

Every time Tool comes to Utah it feels like an epiphany.. a release from this stuck-up hell that is Utah.

Ooh, simpsons are on! :P

Meuterei
12-07-2002, 09:30 AM
It could very well be any of those shows, considering they did Pushit the same way in most of the shows in '98 (from what I've heard anyway...)

The version on Salival, including Maynard's speech, is almost identical to what I heard at the Memphis show in late July.

Chris_Brightwell
12-07-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Meuterei
It could very well be any of those shows, considering they did Pushit the same way in most of the shows in '98 (from what I've heard anyway...)I have confirmed that it was _NOT_ from the Portland '98 show. I'm working on the others. Hopefully I'll be able to (in several months) be 100% sure which songs came from which shows - but it's gonna take a while.The version on Salival, including Maynard's speech, is almost identical to what I heard at the Memphis show in late July. Great show. I was there. :)

Thanks.

Meuterei
12-07-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Chris_Brightwell
Great show. I was there. :)

Still one of my favorites.. even though this year's Lateralus show was pretty amazing. I just wish I'd have gone to one of the gigs where they played "Ticks & leeches"...

I have confirmed that it was _NOT_ from the Portland '98 show. I'm working on the others. Hopefully I'll be able to (in several months) be 100% sure which songs came from which shows - but it's gonna take a while.

Awesome... I've always wondered which was which.

halo99
01-18-2003, 10:46 PM
pushit came from the show at Red Rocks in denver, colorado. i'm about 95% sure on this. i've talked to multiple people on this and they all say the salival version sounds exactly like the show.

Seifer Almasy
02-20-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by halo99
pushit came from the show at Red Rocks in denver, colorado. i'm about 95% sure on this. i've talked to multiple people on this and they all say the salival version sounds exactly like the show.
Of course, badass venue for a badass song.[/biased as hell]

Anyway, many of my friends have said the same thing so I don't doubt it.

Morbid_Crux
03-07-2003, 02:58 AM
<style>

Jerk off
03-08-2003, 07:09 AM
I'm really not sure, but I'll see what I can do about finding out.