PDA

View Full Version : The Shadow, The Ego, The Stranger

Luna Galapogos
01-17-2004, 11:55 AM
Stranger

The ego must become a martyr if one knows what he needs to barter.
Behind your front lies the shadow, captive on an isolated plateau,
The mind, his restriction, anticipating your pride’s crucifixion-
Enclosed in a gentle shroud, it perceives, responsibility is not allowed.
The conscious permits no vagrant to delude “reality” into something stagnant-
Your psyche unable to connect two as one, without fusion you become undone,
Only an infant in realizing individuality, you’re an undeveloped personality.
Allow the alter ego to seep through or witness true reality run askew.

I believe that that is what the song is about. We must recognize our "shadow" so that we may allow to move from our alter ego into our concious ego. Without doing that, we can not evolve, in which case, the chromosome change that is a part of this song, cannot happen. We must learn how to put both sides of our ego together before we can evolve.

-Anne Igma

Glass Onion
01-18-2004, 04:33 AM
I see the shadows as your demons, your fears, which you must confront in order to become stronger, less fearful and more loving.

Luna Galapogos
01-18-2004, 02:22 PM
I see the shadows as your demons, your fears, which you must confront in order to become stronger, less fearful and more loving.

I took the idea of the shadow from Jung. And since a lot of this album is based on things of that nature, I'm pretty certain that that is where it is coming from. The shadow according to Jung is pretty much all the things and traits about you that you deny. That creates a lack of responsiblity which breeds seperation inside of you. To evolve to 46+2 or anything else, you must have all the parts ready to evolve. Therefore you need to as you say confront, but also deal with in a manner that makes you one being instead of two. You must become responsible for yourself.

P.S. I'm glad you like that Beatles

Thrakandor
01-18-2004, 05:59 PM
Chimps have 48 chromosomes.

Luna Galapogos
01-19-2004, 02:07 PM
Chimps have 48 chromosomes.

I know, men have the same number of chromosomes as women. It doesn't matter, it is what your chromosomes do that makes the difference.

Glass Onion
01-21-2004, 05:54 AM
I heard that an actual chromosome change could not happen for some reason or another. Maybe the chromosome reference was just a metaphor for moving through your 'shadows' and evolving past the 'ego' world.

g-bay-be
02-07-2004, 08:07 PM
certain crabs have 142 chromosomes!