PDA

View Full Version : Understanding...

Windir
01-15-2004, 08:23 AM
Ok... this is something that bothers me.
This is the ONLY Tool video where I can't see any point in.

I just can't figure out a meaning for it.
I have my own meaning about all the other video's, but this is something I just can't seem to understand.

I would like some thoughts on this video...
Maybe that will inspire me.

I tried everything though, I watched it a million times.
Took the lyrics literally, and not.
Even tried to think about something insignificant(sp?).

Wouldn't help though.

Thought?!

Windir
01-16-2004, 07:16 AM
That's... inderesting, but quite disturbing.
I don't really understand what you are saying cause you say it in like... few lines.
Very short...
I appreciate your opinion though, but I don't think I can see the video in that way, also because MJK writes about himself (so says people).

More thoughts?

APT
01-17-2004, 08:25 PM
I definitly agree with you Aenimated. This is the easiest video for me to understand. I have a good theory on the stinkfist video so check that out.

Windir to reiterate what Aenimated said: The black scary thing is the child molester. He took the kids legs from him a while ago. His legs could signify his innocence etc. "You know it hurt me but Im breathing so I guess Im still alive." The kid is alive he just has to go around with that stub thing instead of legs. The monster has them hanging on his wall sort of like a souvenier from the kid.

Whenever the monster comes around the kid plays dead and goes along with it. I dont know what significance the guy with the spinning head has. The monster puts the kid in the box as if to keep him quiet like the rest of the kids that are in the boxes. The other kid comes out of the box with a caterpillar body which I also believe is another victim. Im not sure about the paint but I know at the end of the video the kid tries to resist (puts his hand up) and the monster quickly covers it up.

I think its important to relate the the lyrics especially when watching. "Im treading water, I need to sleep awhile..." In the video this part shows a bent nail on the kids stub thing. This to me meant the kid is sick of having the chip of being molested on his shoulder and hes burnt out from it. Theres more but this post doesnt have much cohesion so Im probably not helping you out very much. Theres lots of little parts that make sense to me but Its a lot hard to explain one by one than it is to just watch the video and make mental notes of it.