PDA

View Full Version : words

fibonacci
11-19-2002, 03:44 PM
there are words in this song...they are really hard to decipher...anyone have a clue about what they are? i can hear a few things like "beam me up cesaro" and then later he says something like "shes learning how to play poker you should have gotten us involved"
thanks

paraflux
11-21-2002, 11:25 AM
I will take the song and run it through various filters and eq's at the studio. It's something I have been meaning to do anyway.

idiotboy
11-22-2002, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by fibonacci
"beam me up cesaro"
"shes learning how to play poker you should have gotten us involved"
thanks

maybe it's just because it's 5 am right now, but that is hilariously funny. ha ha ha ha. i wanna hear what those words are too, now.

i like the poker bit, hehehe!!

Revolver_04
11-23-2002, 07:43 AM
again, i think Tool put some words in this "song", but they wern't ment to be heard. its just another thing to keep people wondering..

FuckingCode
11-24-2002, 10:51 AM
I've listened to this track several times in a row on my speakers, and have come up with some possibilities.

(a) The voice is backwards. Someone with the equipment should really get at this.

(b) It's not english. Listening closely, the speaker sounds Spanish. If he does indeed say 'Cesaro', which is most definate, he says it with a tone akin to a Latino accent.

(c) I'll never know. If the voice is speaking clear English (I hear something like "help...come in..." when he begins), I havent the slightest idea what it could be.

Skate_03
11-25-2002, 07:55 AM
Where are the "words" located? I haven't listened to the whole song in a long time, so maybe I'm missing them.

manifestcontent
11-27-2002, 11:36 AM
the voices start right after the baby is done screaming. to me this track is about how when we are younger our minds are so clear and so fresh and new. that is what the loud baby symbolizes. we have an imagination that no one can touch or understand. but as we grow older our thoughts get cloudy and our imagination withers because of all the stuff society feeds us. that is why you can't hear the voices clearly. it symbolizes the cloudy and haziness of our lives as we get older. that is why tool says we need to pry our third eye to avoid such matters.

iS!
12-05-2002, 05:12 PM
I remember reading somebody's post in the old opinion section who had run it through filters and whatnot, and I don't remember all of it, but I do remember "Tell him— I don't need (anything from him). He beat me up, he touched me. [] It's the dead guy's fault. Hate him. Hate him. Hate him... Ah, no. (But he beat me up again and again.) []"

That's all I remember. I put in parentheses the stuff that might fit, but I can't really confirm or deny because it sounds rather garbled, square brackets at the parts I can't understand or remember, and an ellipsis for where there's some repetition (perhaps an echo). I think there was also mention of something like "He took me to the shed in back" and "hit me with a piece of wood," but I can't remember the exact wording.

forty6n2
12-24-2002, 11:20 AM
All I can make out right now is ''beam me up''

I didn't think much of this track. I thought it was just sound, but now I'm gonna pay much more attention to it.

WEEEEE, this is fun, like a treasure hunt. gyu-huk

Saul T Bauls
12-28-2002, 01:06 PM
ah yes, at the beginning there is a lady...hello...maynard...maynard? are you there? then maybe maynard help me? i dunno, i just remember the first part

seeker
01-10-2003, 04:34 AM
i listened to this song last night and thought i heard voices... i come here to make a post about it and find that i'm not the only one who realized this. well here's what i made out:

"the aliens are coming".

that's the only thing i felt i heard with any certainty, and i heard it twice in the song.

Cronos
01-11-2003, 11:46 AM
This is what I think it is so far, combined of things people have previously said, and what I've tried to make out, also my thoughts and ideas of what it could sound like, and why it does. I listened for things people have mentioned and could see where they would get that. Someone really needs to take this through some filters and get rid of the background noise, take out the reving up sounds, and that would make it easier. Clean it up a bit. Can anyone here do that?

22 seconds into the song - Hello, Maynard? Hello? Maynard?
28 seconds into the song - Help me...(?)
Beam me up...Cesaro.
???
???
29 seconds - Beam me up...(pause)...Cesaro.
32 seconds - They took them away from here. (?)
35 seconds - Ya still got some more? (?)
38 seconds - Help...(?)
43 seconds - Want a gun...?...(?)
47 seconds - Here...(?)
48 seconds - *cough* *cough*
49 seconds - The aliens are coming...
53 seconds - This isn't our day...(?)
56 seconds - ??? (This sounds like a new speaker, or sounds different, softer than the other. Could be anyone from the aliens that there supposedly are, to someone else)
1 minute and 3 seconds - ??? (Here's where I agree with there person who thinks this could be another language, it's part's like this that I don't know, that makes me realize that all this stuff is merely assumptions of what it sounds like if it were to be english. Truth is I could be trying to hard to make english out of it, that I'm hearing what I think I hear. Not what it really is. Could be another language.
1:07 - Hello? (?)
1:09 - ???
1:11 - ??? (A different sound, maybe his voice still or a voice. No it is not that chirping like sound. Or what sounds like a helicopter about to land and turn off, to what maybe could make out to be laser guns blasting)
1:13 - You have to let them bomb it. (? - I think it says this, and with the fact that after this you hear the sounds of a bomb perhaps falling down on something, It would appear that someone or something is invading, and the only alternative may have been the use of nuclear weapons or a bomb.
1:15 - ??? (To me this is just a sound, weapons sound, anything, robotic maybe, alien droids maybe, alien voices maybe, or just really garbled up to the point that it's impossible to tell.)
1:17 - ??? (These are the last sounds, and it sounds like at the last word he/it let's off he sounds hurt, or wounded, or shocked, or scared, somethings definately happening if this is some kind of scenario. Definately could be robotic, or alien like. You have to hear this sound to agree with me. I definately thing this is not english, and the speakers change throughout. Go to these points in the song maybe you can help this along, or verify that this is not at all what's said. Maybe it's a mix of english words, and other languages.)

untilwepineaway
01-12-2003, 09:06 AM
The only thing thats really clear is the one part where he says "She should have gotten us involved". Thats the only thing I can really make out. And on a second thought I am almost 90% sure this is Maynard speaking.

Cronos
01-12-2003, 06:37 PM
What point in the song did you hear this? So I can listen to it without having to make a silly guess. You can put your cd in the computer, and use WMP or RealOne to figure out the time it pops up just to let you know.

xSaveXmondaYx
01-20-2003, 09:56 PM
most portable cd players or cd playing devices have timers on them. now it's time for me to go and try to figure out this stuff