PDA

View Full Version : Crawling away

Undertolerance
01-12-2004, 12:44 PM
I listen to this song quite a lot and more so when I am feeling lonely and depressed. For some reason it seems to make me feel better although I cannot quite put my finger on it. But about 2 years ago I was with this girl in high school, and things were going alright. I wound up being with her for about a year and a half. And then things started to go all wrong. So that is when I found myself listening to "undertow" a lot more than usual. Through out the course of me listening to this song I realized that it fit my current situation. So after finally looking up the lyrics, I sat a listened to it again and again. Further instilling the absolute truth this song had to me. So I figured that I should write up a little letter to my girl and put the lyrics in it, and told her what they meant to me. Needless to say she was not very happy with me and what I was more or less saying to her. Be it not entirely in my own words. So as anyone would be able to tell the relationship when down hill from and was ended shortly after. Even now in my life this song still holds pull on me and helps me through my dark times. Hell the entire album does.

IC
01-19-2004, 03:41 PM
aenima is like that for me

AllforUnity
01-23-2004, 12:46 PM
l agree...l love Ænima as well.

AllforUnity
02-06-2004, 01:06 PM
Are you aiming that remark to me?

Undertolerance
02-15-2004, 12:25 PM
Mayhaps me, but I know not. Either way I really do think for myself. Yet this album still speaks volumes to me and connects to my life and helps me through. I also believe strongly it what Maynard says about thinking for yourself and following your own drum as it were. That of course is mostly the jist of it anywho. But who is to say that an album can mean something to me, whilst I think on my own.

AllforUnity
02-19-2004, 07:50 AM
Well you see, me and mstajduh have discussed things before, and he's read all of MY interpretations...so that's why l asked, because l wouldn't understand a remark like that, when he knows that l can, and do think for myself. My remark about Ænima...who on this site DOESN'T like Ænima? My point exactly.