PDA

View Full Version : Part of Me (Spirit or Projected Double)

Triangular_Vision
01-12-2004, 01:48 AM
This song relates to maynard's inner child or spiritual body or projected double, whatever you want to call it. Everyone has this in them, it is neccessary for them to be alive. The etheric body is the specific name for the body he is speaking of in this song:

You don't judge.
You can't speak.
You can't leave.
You can't hurt me.
You're just here for me to use.

this is sung directly to his inner self (etheric body). Everyone has this "dream" body that they can use to travel out of body via meditation (astral projection). This body is formed as an energetic reflection of the physical mind and body so that the mind can wonder and play while the physical body is at rest. If used properly, this can be a very spiritual experiance re-enforcing beliefe in a higher consciouse. (please forgive my spelling)

AllforUnity
01-22-2004, 07:44 AM
That's an interersting new thought on this song, thank you for that. l'll probably think of it in a different way now. Very nice.

Skinshifter01
01-23-2004, 05:27 PM
I can't agree with you, but it's a nice thought...

Triangular_Vision
06-19-2004, 06:58 PM
I can't agree with you, but it's a nice thought...

maybe your origins support this lack of belief? Location:??? your on the wrong site man...

IC
07-12-2004, 08:36 AM
This song relates to maynard's inner child or spiritual body or projected double, whatever you want to call it. Everyone has this in them, it is neccessary for them to be alive. The etheric body is the specific name for the body he is speaking of in this song:

You don't judge.
You can't speak.
You can't leave.
You can't hurt me.
You're just here for me to use.

this is sung directly to his inner self (etheric body). Everyone has this "dream" body that they can use to travel out of body via meditation (astral projection). This body is formed as an energetic reflection of the physical mind and body so that the mind can wonder and play while the physical body is at rest. If used properly, this can be a very spiritual experiance re-enforcing beliefe in a higher consciouse. (please forgive my spelling)

Cool. That last line makes me think thats why they put it on salival.

J3z3b3L
09-04-2004, 09:20 PM
a very interesting way to look at this song. of course there is no *sure* way to find a definition for any tool song, but this one makes alot of sense. and yes it would also shed some light to its placement on salival.

Triangular_Vision
10-11-2004, 11:52 AM
ya, sorry about that. I forgot to add "in my opinion." There are many many meanings that im sure i have missed. I would like to hear some more besides those that consist of masturbating.

royc
10-11-2004, 12:44 PM
sometimes i like to think that maybe it is a song about something more than any one individual, something that encompasses all of life, every living thing, like if mother nature did metal.

her consciousness is the collective, she is aware only through the union of her parts. each part will die in its turn to further her ambitions. this is necessary....

AllforUnity
10-13-2004, 11:02 AM
l doubt it.

Triangular_Vision
10-25-2004, 05:59 PM
sometimes i like to think that maybe it is a song about something more than any one individual, something that encompasses all of life, every living thing, like if mother nature did metal.

her consciousness is the collective, she is aware only through the union of her parts. each part will die in its turn to further her ambitions. this is necessary....

I can definately see where you are coming from on this. I havn't thought about the song as if it were thought or said by someone else and sang by maynard....

you should keep describing this because im too high to sit at the computer for this long right now :P

Polish_Rides_The_Spiral
01-30-2007, 02:36 PM
hmmm

vedran
02-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Penis!! Yes, I know it's probably about more than his penis, but it's about his penis too. Or maybe it's not...I'll keep thinking it's about his penis, it caters to my juvenile sense of humor.