PDA

View Full Version : A song to himself

Triangular_Vision
01-12-2004, 12:24 AM
I believe that this song was originally intended as a reminder and stress relief for maynard and the band. My description kinda follows the song.

The song starts out with maynard distressed and tired from countless efforts with no success. He wonders if this is a test, surely it has to be, otherwise the world is far too unbearable without there being a reason for this pain. THis is draining the very life out of him as he is tired of the worlds very sharade hidden of being.
He continues to give and believe and love though his efforts are not rewarded.
He will wait for his rewards
Because if he knew there were no rewards and nothing to welcome him to the end, he surely would have given up/
he'll wait it out
because if there were no desire to heal the damaged and broken met along this tediouse path he's chosen, he would have walked away.
He must be patient
He must be patient
He must remind himself to be patient constantly so he will not stray from his chosen path, allthough it is possible he still will.

IC
01-19-2004, 03:57 PM
you know my cd starts to skip right at that end part? i hate that..thats like my fav part..

but yes i agree

Windir
01-20-2004, 05:28 AM
you know my cd starts to skip right at that end part? i hate that..thats like my fav part..

Buy a new one.

but yes i agree

g-bay-be
01-20-2004, 05:35 PM
BUY A NEW CD!!!!!!!!!!!! lateralus is to good of a cd to have any flaws!

Triangular_Vision
01-21-2004, 05:53 PM

but yes i agree

That sucks man, but im glad im not the only one with this thought.

Windir
01-22-2004, 03:07 AM
BUY A NEW CD!!!!!!!!!!!! lateralus is to good of a cd to have any flaws!

I got a lot of scratshes on the CD, which suck IMO.
But it still plays everything good and well... no skipping.
I'll probably going to buy a new CD one day...

Winds of Fame9
01-27-2004, 08:00 PM
lateralus seems to get scrached very easily... if i hear one tiny flaw in the music, i'll buy a new one (only tool cd's though.... im a dork like that) it's happened like 3 times now. but yeah mine would start skipping during reflection, right at the climax near the end arrrrrg

KingGolem
02-05-2004, 03:20 PM
I HATE THAT!!! I've bought lateralus at least 5 times already, it got stolen twice, and it got all scratched up twice....it's so irritating. i just got 13th step and Pet already skips like crazy...this is BS

GÆGnon
02-12-2004, 05:57 PM
My Lateralus and Undertow has loads of small surface scratches... But nothing that would make the CD skip or so much lower of quality... Only slightly... It isn't even noticable unless you are focasing on the imperfections...