PDA

View Full Version : A true meaning behind Schism and most Tool songs

Triangular_Vision
01-12-2004, 12:02 AM
A note to viewers:
Please view this with a non-biast(sp?) point of view and as much of an open mind as possible. Those of you who have tapped into the rythem please contribute...
----------------------------------

Definition of Schism:
1)A separation or division into factions.

a)A formal breach of union within a Christian church.
b)The offense of attempting to produce such a breach.
Disunion; discord.

----------------------------------

In general this song is about how the world has forgotten the true meaning of who we are and where we are going. We are being guided by inpure intentions in order to create order and comfort. Afterall, humanity fears the unknown and fears those who know it worse.

The first verse speaks of knowing the fallen pieces fit, this suggests that humanity is forgetting how to communicate and believe (communication with a higher source [the akashic pulse and such]).

the second verse suggests that maynard watched the temple crumble (via akashic records [astral projection history recall meathod of meditation]). No one is to blame but he is fustrated and longs to find a quick reason and solution to re-establish communication with the life breathing mother (akasha, god, budda, whatever)

the third verse says that the troubles and pains of life are worth it in the end (relating to "The Patient" [If there were no rewards to reap, and no desire to heal, the damaged and broken met along, this tediouse path ive chosen here, i certianly would have walked away by now). It also says to find beauty in dissonance or harsh and unagreeable sounds, or find beauty in the world no matter how dark and unpleasent because we are only here for so long.

the fourth verse suggests that maynard has seen a time that "the pieces fit" or that everyone was "one" with another in the collective conscious... sharing, blending, loving, being... It goes on to say that maynard has done the math enough to know the dangers of out second guessing due to crumble unless we grow and strengthen our communication. This means that we are doomed to be, for lack of a better term, left behind if we continue to doubt out natural instinct and continue to deny our divine task of love and unity with the source.

finally, the last verse suggests that cold silence severs any sense of love between lovers and brothers (humanity and the source)

i hope this was slightly clear enough for you to follow :S

aintsofar
01-18-2004, 09:21 AM
personally i'm hung up on the words "squaring" and "circling" appearing in the fibonnacci-beat part (guitars play 1, 1, 2, 3 rhythm), so close to the line "finding beauty in the dissonance".
any ideas?

Triangular_Vision
01-21-2004, 05:52 PM
personally i'm hung up on the words "squaring" and "circling" appearing in the fibonnacci-beat part (guitars play 1, 1, 2, 3 rhythm), so close to the line "finding beauty in the dissonance".
any ideas?

Well, with squaring off, he means making amends and such (poetry helps this [i think]) and by "and the circling is worth it" he means finding the wrong answers, coming back to self repeating thoughts (getting no where) is worth it in the end. and finding beauty in dissonance means finding the beauty in every day life though it may not go your way, because you will never experiance this again, and you will eventually find the answer so enjoy the ride. It is afterall, the ride of a life time.

vile temptress
03-24-2004, 10:43 AM
i'm wondering what maynard says about it... anyone have any interviews in which he discusses it?

Triangular_Vision
04-13-2004, 01:49 PM
any ideas?

I do not know the name of the therom or whatever, but basically 1+1 = 2 , 1+2=3, 2+3=5, forms 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 and so on. When mapped by area i believe and you connect the middle of each outside wall in a counter clockwise fassion in makes a spiral, this goes along with maynards song patterns... i'll describe it in detail later, i am in a rush...

AllforUnity
04-16-2004, 11:51 AM
Take hahaha-ha as an example.

Triangular_Vision
05-06-2004, 10:50 PM
Take hahaha-ha as an example.

Thankyou for that valuable contribution.

Echoghost
05-09-2004, 03:19 PM
1. Biased
2. Very nice post, in my opinion, this cleared up a lot of stuff for me.

Al-Co.
05-10-2004, 10:11 PM
I very much like what has been said here about the song schism, and it never occured to me about the Fibanachi sequence (probably spelled differently, the 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8 etc. sequence), but as regards the squaring off and the circling bits, I'd always veiwed this song as being to do with languages that we use, and their in-ability to properly describe that which we wish to describe, which, over time, leads to misunderstandings, conflict, (problems basically).

I think more widely of the song having read this thread, but I still wonder if the squaring of and the circling references are dealing with the fact that words and sentences require the meaning that is intended to be put accross to be truncated, which is worth it to some degree, if you are a species that is trying to rely solely on organisation to survive. . .

But when you start to take words for granted, and stop seeing them as an instrument created to assist in the sustaning of one's life (however inconsequential to the greater realities of existence human languages may be), and perhaps start to veiw them as vital and necessary parts of simply being, then it is easy to see that dissonance (between people, between the self and the universe, and introspectively) is almost inevitable.

Perhaps I'm taking too much of a Taoist perspective (I do like the Tao Te Ching, but not all translations tell me what I want to hear ;-), but I do believe (and I'm even tempted to say know) that so many people simply seem to not realise that language is no basis for conscious existence. It's very useful, and I'm glad that the facility is there for me to communicate using language, but there is so much more out there than what words (or even pictures or music) can describe. To me, this song is about realising this and laying the groundwork for a spiritual awakening.

Just thought I'd ramble on for a bit, hope it's not too out of place:)

Alex (Al-Co.) Downs

P.S. I love the way that the main riff is a jigsaw played on guitar, fan-tucking-fastic!

JamesP
05-13-2004, 04:57 AM
I think Schism is about a seperation between two people who are bonded somehow and the pieces don't fit anymore that bonded them together. The breaking tests their communication till the pieces are put back together and they're bonded again. The temple is the body/soul that falls over when the pieces don't fit anymore.

Just my opinion.

Triangular_Vision
05-29-2004, 09:45 PM
I think Schism is about a seperation between two people who are bonded somehow and the pieces don't fit anymore that bonded them together. The breaking tests their communication till the pieces are put back together and they're bonded again. The temple is the body/soul that falls over when the pieces don't fit anymore.

Just my opinion.

This is an excellent view, and i do not disagree... One of the reasons i love tool is because of the multible layers that exist. As with when maynard says "try and read between the lines, and i couldn't imagine why you wouldn't welcome any change" in aenema, there is the possible obviouse meanings, then there are the deeper meanings... if tool were to come out and say boldy what they wanted you to find, then you would gain nothing and they would probably not be taken seriousely... another example is with stinkfist. It sounds as if they are talking about inserting a hand into the anus, whereas they are actually talking about first time out of body sensations.... hand exiting, then the arm, shoulder and such... this is clearly consciouse exit projection, for those of you who know the context, then there is the humor for the blind but curiouse... tool satisfies the mind on a broad spectrum... keep digging... you won't feel what you want to, lay back and let me show you another way............. its all there...

Raev'n
05-30-2004, 04:40 AM
This is an excellent view, and i do not disagree... One of the reasons i love tool is because of the multible layers that exist. As with when maynard says "try and read between the lines, and i couldn't imagine why you wouldn't welcome any change" in aenema, there is the possible obviouse meanings, then there are the deeper meanings... if tool were to come out and say boldy what they wanted you to find, then you would gain nothing and they would probably not be taken seriousely... another example is with stinkfist. It sounds as if they are talking about inserting a hand into the anus, whereas they are actually talking about first time out of body sensations.... hand exiting, then the arm, shoulder and such... this is clearly consciouse exit projection, for those of you who know the context, then there is the humor for the blind but curiouse... tool satisfies the mind on a broad spectrum... keep digging... you won't feel what you want to, lay back and let me show you another way............. its all there...

Yeah this song is one of my favorites. I used to be a christian and I've seeb the discord between the churches and that's one of the main reasons why I decided to forgo my upbringing in that sense. This song to me just explains what the fuck happened for me so I believe that this song is about discord between churches. Just what I think but hey, flame flame flame!

Triangular_Vision
06-11-2004, 02:28 PM
As for tool schism being the groundwork for spiritual awakening, it is definately, but the whole album, nay, every production by tool is groundwork for spiritual awakening. You can watch them progress from opiate to lateralus emensely. It is truely inspiring. I know you must have some referance to the third eye am i correct?

Triangular_Vision
06-23-2004, 09:05 AM
does anyone else have anything to contribute to this??? or are we just gonna sit on out tumbs?

Lackymacky
08-10-2004, 10:01 AM
ill try!! ive always thought about it from a religious point of view, im listening to it now. i agree the riff is the best, every family member of mine that heard it on the album almost pissed their pants. its very creative.

I know the pieces fit cuz I watched them fall away
mildewed and smoldering, fundamental differing,
pure intention juxtaposed will set two lovers souls in motion
disintegrating as it goes testing our communication
the light that fueled our fire then has burned a hole between us so
we cannot see to reach an end crippling our communication.

I know the pieces fit cuz I watched them tumble down
no fault, none to blame it doesn't mean I don't desire to
point the finger, blame the other, watch the temple topple over.
To bring the pieces back together, rediscover communication.

The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
And the circling is worth it.
Finding beauty in the dissonance.

There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away.
Mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting
I've done the the math enough to know the dangers of a second guessing
Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication

cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion

between supposed lovers
between supposed brothers.

And I know the pieces fit.

the breaking upart of christain church was never how i thought of it. the breaking up of all religion. the pieces, i think everyone united. everyone coming together, we are all people and are seperated by countries, land masses with names, cultures beleifs, names, looks, skin, face..etc. all of this all of it seperates mankind from one another. the light that burned a hole between us, i think is the light that used to the one that kept us together, well since we were divided, the light was ignored and started to get hot, just as if you were to leave a lightbulb on for a long time. and it caused a hole between us so much, that there is war, religion against religion, man against man, women against women, so that they could no longer see the way they used to. and there is no person to blame, but there are just events and a lot of certain people that have caused to happen with their talk and actions. and im guessing maynard would like nothing more than to watch a religious temple fall and die so that people would forget religion as a boundry between others, and just see that they are all people.i think in the loud part of the song that hes saying that the fighting and the repeating, trying to find an answer is all needed to find an answer. but he says it in an angry voice because thats all it does is keep repeating. <<kind of doesnt make sense. and in the last "verse" if you will its obvious hes warning us of our choices, that if we choose to keep seperating that it will be the end of us all, unless we start listening to one another and not involve religion politics cultures, all that nonsense that seperates us from the begining. the cold silence i think has to do with the dividing..when people beleive in something so much they will give the cold shoulder to anyone and will basically be a jerk and not listen to any other idea or thought because they are too wound up in their own this will even break up families (between supposed brothers, between supposed lovers) and even notice "supposed" its because those are also seperations. labels we have placed on ourselves. someone cant be someone without a family a last name a first name, a country they were born. who cares?! we are humans and should care about what might happen if we dont pay attention to how we are all losing touch with one another. even in the video youll notice the little things that come out of the big, woman im guessing. before they emerge, theyre all in different colors, theyre all seperated. and they try to cling on to the woman, which my represent truth or just a god, but none of them have grasped it correctly, because theyre not working together, they each want it for themselves. and then the big man and the fire, sort of the end of us due to the seperating.

thats it, but sometimes i also have different thoughts on what the song means, this is just how i feel 90% of the time. i dont think i have ever said "seperating" that much in my entire life...........hehe

done!if it doesnt make sense tell meh

Triangular_Vision
08-30-2004, 07:35 PM
beautiful! this is the kind of response that takes us somewhere in this world. i especiallly liked the attention to the fact that that is the way you feel 90% of the time. I agree with almost everything you said down to every detail. I believe that the light the fuel the fire burned a hole between us all with intent to do so, in order for us to transcend this state of awareness we must become ascended masters of polarity consciouseness (human awareness level)... in the essance that we have to contradict to define... we have to know what something isn't in order to know what it is. Such as love and hate... In our 3 dimnesional world, everything has an equal and oppoisite reaction, down to emotion, sexuality (m/f=reproduction), light/dark, and so on... we are only waking up into our new self. You could relate it to a computer finding drivers for its periphial devices in order to read physical drives, print, communicate, make music, games, and so on... we have only 5 ways of feeling this physical world... some computers have more. kinda freeky. You think because you cant see it or feel it that its not there? A cold hard science approach as far as perception and dimensions is the "super string theory." Mind blowing science. but again, excellent interpertation!

Lackymacky
08-30-2004, 09:09 PM
thank you...

but one thing i disagree (not with you, the song), i mean beleive me i would love, more than anything, for people to be aware and work together, not be seperate,etc. but then if you dont have seperations, if you dont have people who give limits to something..do you think people would still want to push the limits? would they still have that desire to push if there was nothing to be pushed? you need bad to get to good..like in AEnima. "read between the lines" something like that, because although the song is saying L.A. should be flushed away, it will have apositive outcome. look at 9/11, yes unfortunately people died, but a lot of people were being more cautious.

:) just a thought

Triangular_Vision
08-31-2004, 06:55 AM
i agree, i fully believe that we need negative balances to this world we are choosing to be in, but that is just it... they are only of this world, our objective is to transcend this state, this level, this diminsion, this octave, this frequency. All this is only a figment in our imagination as i am sure you know, we are simply teaching ourselves how to love. Those that have the capacity to see through it all, past the smoke and mirrors to the source will have it the easiest. Im not saying that following christianity to a T and being as confining, close minded, and religiouse as possible wont get you to the same place.... but love is the driving factor. We are all human, we are all of the same fabric, same thought, same instant. Follow what dogma you will, but you will soon come to find that it is all a comfort. A pair of sunglasses if u will... shading you from the true light. You still have light yes, but it is filtered. The bible is just another pair of metaphorical sunglasses. sorry got a little off topic. ahh yes, i agree.

Triangular_Vision
08-31-2004, 07:03 AM
a little side note, for some very interesting insight on a non-biast cultural level having to do with the third eye and spiritual awakening, read and teachings by Don Juan. He is a yaqui diablo, or a master of the dark arts, though he strays from the dark and into the light. He has some very moving personal philosophy. Amazing that his words go hand in hand with almost any words that come from pure intent, though he has lived his whole life in the desert without running water and very little contact with the outside world. If you look past terminology, as with don juan, u see that almost every religion is TRYING to say the same thing... but everyone knows that humans dont deal well with rules ("defining, confining, and we're sinkin deeper"mjk)... "when u move like a jellyfish, rhythem is nothing, u go with the flow u dont stop... (gotta love jack johnson)....

organized and written religion = tools "Terrified of being alone, Ultimatum Prision Cell)

wow, if u cut off that last statement at the " it works too. dont be a tool.

CrownOfNegativity
09-02-2004, 12:26 PM
a very well thought out theory. but we will most likely never know the 'real' meaning behind any of Tool's songs. that's something that i like about them. that they make you think. which, in my opinion, is something that Tool is for.

Triangular_Vision
09-02-2004, 12:57 PM
agreed

Lackymacky
09-02-2004, 04:00 PM
organized and written religion = tools

and this isnt towards you triangular vision, its just a thought off what you said =)

eh... now beleive me, i dont agree with most of the things organized religion does..but, and this may be due to me being a bit religious (so excuse me if i sound a tad bias)

but sometimes i feel bad for the govt. or organized religion groups when people accuse them of being false or hiding the facts from people. such as if youre an adult and you tell your kid something..but they dont beleive you, and they question it and youre pleading with them that youre telling them the truth, but they just dont seem to trust you. so think about it from that presprective...yes you can think that the govt, religion or w/e is bullshittin ya, but just keep in mind that they might be telling the truth and done be so harsh :)

and another thing, you know people always assume that organized religion is wrong, which im sure it is because if it does want spiritual guidance, it shouldnt involve money or materialistic things such as christmas. but just be open to it, its very hypritocal when someone comes on a forum such as this and says "why dont you accept my ideas?" and rants their mouth about religion being false. because for all we know, they might be right about what they are saying. everyone should try to be a little more open minded. and when thats accomplished it will be so great, because imagine mankind accepting one anothers' ideas.. itll be like everyone saying their thoughts and everyone will not worry about everything that doesnt exist and maybe we could just find an answer for things that we should be questioning o.O

well it might be a little organized. anyways tell me what you think :)

Lackymacky
09-02-2004, 04:01 PM
a very well thought out theory. but we will most likely never know the 'real' meaning behind any of Tool's songs. that's something that i like about them. that they make you think. which, in my opinion, is something that Tool is for.

roger that

Triangular_Vision
09-02-2004, 07:54 PM
I agree Lackymacky, many people are a bit harsh towards any sort of guidance... i admit even i have been guilty of this. But, coming from a religiouse background, i too understand what they have been saying, (check the parabol threads "life=light=love=") i personally think that all religions are basically trying to explain the same thing, but their main fault is that they are trying to explain it. Over years of reforming, the pure truth has been forgotten and distorted beyond any recognition. many leaders of the past distported this information further to create [tools] a better controlled public with good intentions and costly consequences. The problem is that they neglected to make note of these chagnes and just recored them. the only thing that remains truely pure in organized religion is love. But here is the common ground. You see, anyone that has a remote understanding of the spirit quickly finds love. No matter where your heart stands religion wise, we are all human, we all have the same beginning properties, it is our physical dream that shapes us as a person untill we transcend this state into christ consciouseness, or the 13th step, where agian we will be the product of our enviorment.

Lackymacky
09-03-2004, 10:28 AM
yeah youre right man. i agree with you 100%. "You see, anyone that has a remote understanding of the spirit quickly finds love" very true, its people who, no matter what religion they are under, where they live, or even what music they listen to, its those people who recognize that those are just physical traits, they are just materialistic. and as long as they know that people dont actually know the right answer, they are pure. they know that if people work together and just not be so naiive that maybe we will find an answer. but religions trying to take credit for being right, or killing for it, or for just trying to have more followers than another religion, thats not very spiritual. see if more people talked like this and accepted ideas before rejecting them, we might get somewhere to knowing where we came from, and where we are going. not that we aren't..but like you said

"i agree, i fully believe that we need negative balances to this world we are choosing to be in, but that is just it... they are only of this world, our objective is to transcend this state, this level, this diminsion, this octave, this frequency. All this is only a figment in our imagination as i am sure you know, we are simply teaching ourselves how to love. Those that have the capacity to see through it all, past the smoke and mirrors to the source will have it the easiest. Im not saying that following christianity to a T and being as confining, close minded, and religiouse as possible wont get you to the same place.... but love is the driving factor. We are all human, we are all of the same fabric, same thought, same instant. Follow what dogma you will, but you will soon come to find that it is all a comfort. A pair of sunglasses if u will... shading you from the true light. You still have light yes, but it is filtered. The bible is just another pair of metaphorical sunglasses. sorry got a little off topic. ahh yes, i agree."

thats a perfect way to describe it, we are going places, but it just might be a little longer as opposed to if everyone didnt focus on themselves and their "glasses" ;)

Triangular_Vision
09-03-2004, 05:57 PM
at the glasses are not all the same thickness, that would be a tragedy... :P though it seems that they are very usefull in keeping us from getting burned untill we have tempered to the light.

Triangular_Vision
09-04-2004, 09:27 AM
but I do believe (and I'm even tempted to say know) that so many people simply seem to not realise that language is no basis for conscious existence. It's very useful, and I'm glad that the facility is there for me to communicate using language, but there is so much more out there than what words (or even pictures or music) can describe. To me, this song is about realising this and laying the groundwork for a spiritual awakening.

this needed to be said again...

Lackymacky
09-08-2004, 11:42 AM
:;?;:

Lackymacky
09-08-2004, 11:43 AM
should i feel stupid for not getting it?

Triangular_Vision
09-08-2004, 07:32 PM
should i feel stupid for not getting it?

on the contrary!! i just wanted anyone that wasn't planning on reading the whole convo to see that quote. alot of people that come here tend to think that what we write is exactly what we think... but a thousand words cannot describe what salt tastes like to me, so who can describe anything else sufficently?

Lackymacky
09-09-2004, 04:34 PM
oh thats very sweet of you!! <333

but i dont recall saying that :-/

Triangular_Vision
09-10-2004, 08:47 AM
hmmm, that's odd. oh well. moving on... i wish some more people would drop in some more angles on this song because i know we havn't covered half of them :P lets hear it people!

Lackymacky
09-11-2004, 10:20 AM
i think this that loud part is sort of an argument to the communication thing
its like what i said you need bad for good
and throughout the whole song hes saying we need to start talking with one another
tbut then hes saying well even though its bad what IS going on, the ideas that came out of it and the constant arguing are a good thing too..

anyone agree?disagree?? :)

Lackymacky
09-11-2004, 10:21 AM
is that clear?

Pendragon
09-13-2004, 02:21 AM
Man this is all confusing me I need to listen to this song alot more.

royc
09-13-2004, 05:57 AM
ive been looking at this song from like another angle kindof like in a new light. i just grabbed the video from suprnova so that has influenced some of my ideas about this song too.

the first verse has the line "pure intention juxtaposed will set two lovers souls in motion". very poetic and appears to speak of pure loves ability to lift the soul, but it doesn't say pure love indeed i wonder what a thing must be. it say pure intentions and at least in the biological sense loves purest intention must be sex, we would be doomed without that guidence. at this point in the music video the man and woman are standing in the white cell head to toe, this i believe alludes to the antiparallel configuration of dna.

i could write a lot more but i'll just point out a couple other parts of the video. firstly that there seems to be both conflict and compassion displayed between the two characters in the video yet neither one displays any pain or other emotion. this excludes the smoke scene, speaking of which that one quick shot of the womans face in agony cought me off guard and kind choked me up for a minute, why does she look so afraid?.

secondly the last couple scenes. the man and woman have infused becoming one as it happened when we were concieved. the spirel at the end always alludes to our genetic soul.

Triangular_Vision
09-13-2004, 07:51 AM
nice, i can begin to see under this so called new light... maybe because it is a more detailed aspect of the bigger picture yes... keep going... damnit... u said new angle new light... now i have to listen to pushit (live) and i want to post on schism... damn u and your harsh ways.

royc
09-13-2004, 12:05 PM
ah yes i am easily enticed, i shall proceed then. i will tell you that while this new light that is more like a glow grows brighter the more i sit back and contemplate. concidering many things that may or may not be intended by these lyrics but none the less becoming present in the shifting shadows. on second viewing or maybe it was the tenth i noticed that when the second entity appears and they are standing antiparallel one is in fact tracing a spiral out in the soil with the others head.

what was ellusive to me was the setting of the video. this is what i am thinking now. this song is indeed about a relationship or a schism between one as it were. and while it is intristically woven into the relationships of men and women the entities represented in the video are of men and women themselves. that is to say that the man in the video is the projection of a persons organic mind and body unto a plain where they can see with thier eyes the creation and growth of themself through thier very own and intamite genetic soul; the woman.

ok the video beginning to end, i hope its the short version. a woman inspired from a light from above finds an empty human vessel just before she fades away. she busily prepares his still unconscious body to carry them both into the future. the trip through the tunnel symbolises that while they are one on the same path they view the world very differently. she is cautous taking it step by step, inch by loaded memory as it were while the man appears to be flowing right through. eventally the woman comes to the place where the man had arrived some time before her. he is hiding and seems rather unsure of his surroundings if not a little afraid. the woman appears assured as if she had been here some time before and hadn't dared to hope of seeing it again. the man follows the womans example and his situation is becoming understood. in a world without words, the woman upon wanting to share information with the man request him to lend his his ear in an exagerated manner. maybe she is carving intelligence out of his too innocent mind. this is obviously to his advantage as he shorty thereafter works with her to remove some undesirable from his person that becomes known and runs away. however, what happens next is the greatest travisty. perhaps feeling a sense of immortality after his participation in the removal of the known thing the man braves into the night of smoke and makes his time in there. i can only speculate at what the smoke may represent but the mans actions are a horror in the site of the woman. she knows the mans actions are the destruction of the harmony they have created, his actions will make her sick and vulnerable. there is a paradox here. everything that is the man is of the woman; the man is the outward expression of the woman. the known things from before which are like retroviruses and other genetic diseases consume the woman and she knew they would, they always do and when they are too severe the future becomes extinct.

something along those lines, that wasn't too long and im hungery now so im going to bbq a couple burgers. a vegitairian told me once that she didn't eat meat because meat needed to be cooked and by doing so created many harmfull chemicals, i guess she is right in some sense, i had just never looked at it that way before.

Triangular_Vision
09-14-2004, 08:42 AM
does this vegitarian drive a car? or use electricity and running water? all of these produce dangerous checmicals too. plastics, glass, store bought food (including salads) hmmmmm i think this persons logic is flawed... but a whole hearted attempt at that. But yes, nice interpertation of the video... u should start a thread in the video sections on this, maybe someone else that has a good idea could find it easier.

royc
09-14-2004, 09:33 AM
the veg in question was a vietnamese lady who knew an awful lot about buddhism. she told me that if you avoided as much uncleanliness as you could in your situation it might be enough to live a good life. the body can deal with so much punishment, but only so much and none at all if you are not listening to it closely. this lady also gave like half her paycheck to some temple she said because she only needed so much of it in the first place, so who knows. regarding the meat thing it was kind of an eye opener for me because i had certain beliefs by then that i felt no logic could shake, she sparked new growth.

oh ya the song, i'd settle for bad ideas if you have some.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-17-2004, 08:55 AM
Oh dudes, I agree with everything all of you are saying. Even though they contradict each other, I agree with it all.

Triangular_Vision
09-17-2004, 10:02 AM
hey chryst... good to see ya, lets hear it for constructive criticism... you're coming a long way. just kidding... but what? how are we contradicting eachother and whatnot?

Cyanide ChrYst
09-17-2004, 10:07 AM
You are, but thats okay, because this board is about opinions SO ANYTHING GOEZ!! LOLZZZZ

I'm like a donut with sprinkles, except the donut is made of happiness and the sprinkles are made of agreement.

royc
09-17-2004, 11:14 PM
He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder. - M. C. Escher

Cyanide ChrYst
09-19-2004, 12:01 PM
We must exterminate existence of a non-aryan race at any cost. ~ Adolf Hitler

royc
09-19-2004, 12:39 PM
what motivates you to post your obscure responses? i tried to describe my own motivations with a quote. these thoughts here are our own, about art no less, what prevents you from participating in intelligent dialog with us?

Triangular_Vision
09-29-2004, 10:17 AM
i would have to say considering chryst's past posts, this is intelligent dialog...

"I'm like a donut with sprinkles, except the donut is made of happiness and the sprinkles are made of agreement."

This is one of the few things that i have seen chrYst post that actually made me smile...

But ya, its been bugging me... how are we contradicting eachother?

Triangular_Vision
09-29-2004, 10:35 AM
I was tripping the other night with a few of my friends, one of them was tripping (enjoyably) for the first time... Our trips aligned with eachother at one point and did not seperate for the rest of the night even though we were on different dosages. We were sitting around a campfire listening to Infected Mushroom - Waves of Sound and staring at the clouds...

We were having off and on conversation about the way the clouds seemed to be moving with the music and how we were the only ones seeing them that way. As i began to explain how "reality" is the same as a dream, and the cd skipped very wierdly, sounding like it was saying "eye" over and over again with digital distortion... at this time the clouds froze and repeated the same thing 3 times and his cell phone began to ring. Oddly enough the phone fucked up the ring too... The person calling was his mom which spawned a short conversation of his dogs vet appointment and about his eyelid which had mange...

After he hung up, we began talking about what had just happened and suddenly out of nowhere he said something about circles everywhere. This didn't suprise me because this is common to mushrooms but at this point we both started seeing different frequencies for every person widely propigating as translucent light spirals that maintained the same color as their oras. We could see how some were blending well with eachother and those people were talking very passionately, while others that did not blend (dissonance) were uncomfortable with eachother. (Everyone was tripping).

This experience was somewhat new for me as i have never has that kind of connection with someone that did not..... listen?... to the rhythem of life. This brought up a new feeling for "cold silence has a tendency to atrophy and sense of compassion," since everyone at the fire were good friends even though some didn't look like it at the time. I began to wonder that if we could destroy ice barriers between strangers, that we could all share this mystic experience together. Much like TDN is trying to do with this forum... I think i lost my point... but has anyone else had this happen to them, and if so what were your revalations?

lilman42437
09-29-2004, 03:36 PM
I think the squaring is to people going round and round. What do you do in bxing you circle and fight. The words that are used in this fight are the dissonance and there is beauty in that cause the best part of a fight is the making up. The fighting (circling) is a good thing cause after the fight settled it brought the couple back together and made a strong bond. Just my opinion

Triangular_Vision
09-29-2004, 05:46 PM
good layer on the physical level, i can definately see it that way.