PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what it's about

Brino
01-11-2004, 12:42 AM
I am a tool fan and a catholic, i believe in Jesus, the ignorant person who earlier said that this song was in black and white and bad mouthed others i believe that wasn't cool. If all other tool songs have such deep meaning why would you think that this one wouldnt be any different I hope no one feels badly about Jesus so i hope this song is not about him. So if anyone has any thoughts i would be very appreciative to receive them.

bewilderedone
01-11-2004, 02:47 AM
Hi Brino,
I'm not a religious person, so from my viewpoint I can see why a religious person would/could be offended by this song. While the references like "come down, get off your fucking cross" would suggest that Maynard is criticizing Jesus, I think if you look a little deeper you'll find that he's not necessarily attacking religion itself, but the people who choose to blindly follow something. So really, it could be about anyone who uses their position of power to influence and close the minds of others, But hey that's just my take on it

Brino
01-11-2004, 12:05 PM
Hi Brino,
I'm not a religious person, so from my viewpoint I can see why a religious person would/could be offended by this song. While the references like "come down, get off your fucking cross" would suggest that Maynard is criticizing Jesus, I think if you look a little deeper you'll find that he's not necessarily attacking religion itself, but the people who choose to blindly follow something. So really, it could be about anyone who uses their position of power to influence and close the minds of others, But hey that's just my take on it

Thanks, I agree that it has probably a deeper meaning.

findmyself
02-16-2004, 09:10 PM
I think that the song could be about a lot of things, and they have been mentioned before so I will not repeat them.

When I first listened to the song, it remined me of my brother. He shot himself in the head Labor Day of 1998. For some reason this song comforts me when I listen to it and think of my brother, but at the same time it kind of makes me feel bad.

My brother lived In Florida with his mother since I was like 4 years old or something. My family and I never got to see him until I was in the fifth grade when he came to visit for about a month. After that I never saw him again. So the song kind of reminds me of all the memories I could have had with my brother but it doesn't matter anyways because hes dead.

The song and the feelings I get when I hear it really fuck with my head, but I kind of like it, so I come back for more.