PDA

View Full Version : tim leary

tetsuo
12-22-2002, 02:32 PM
when reading everyone's thoughts on who eulogy is about, i'm surprised that no one has pointed out tim leary. All the things that people say about bill hicks or jesus also apply to leary. he basically creates the acid culture of the sixties, and many people saw him as having a messiah complex. the thing that cinches it for me is the line, "why then are you, so surprised, when you hear, your own euology." I once read a bio of tim leary, that said that before he died, he had a mock funeral where in fact he heard his own eulogy.

tetsuo
07-29-2003, 09:31 PM
it seems as if everyone wants to overthink the meaning of this song. while this song could be metaphorically connected to just about anyone, the empirical data ponts towards timothy leary.

first of all there's the timing . aenima came out it 1996, tim leary died in 1996. "someone who would die for me," leary had planned to have his death broadcast over the internet so he could share his experience with the world.

ii had wondered whether tool band members actually had any connection with leary himself, but i recently read in tool's official newsletter a story in which blair claimed to be smoking herb with dr. timothy leary

so if anyone has any thoughts on this feel free to respond, otherwise continue to go on with all th jesus, bill hicks , maynard, easter bunny, doink the clown, missy elliot, bob from accounting, pinnochio, cobra commander, and the unabomber talk.

guy
08-01-2003, 06:01 PM
akira is a tight movie