PDA

View Full Version : Did you know? WHISPERING

Andorion
11-19-2002, 03:41 PM
Listen to the track... at about 3:38, immediatly during and after the last loud thunderclap, a voice can be heard.

It's not exactly whispering, but it's super-low volume... No idea what it says =)

Just a heads up ;)

~Berj

Aranedain
11-23-2002, 07:57 PM
once I thought I heard a drum-riff...I don't think i've heard it since then though:\

FuckingCode
11-24-2002, 06:09 AM
from the 3:35-3:40 mark there is something like whispering (or i may be just imagining) but it only lasts a second so i doubt it's anything significant.

I wouldn't be surprised if this track was directly inspired by the sound design for David Lynch's "Eraserhead". The rumbles/background noises are very simaler.

sidez
11-25-2002, 07:38 PM
I just listened to it with my head nearly touching against the speakers and did hear an incredibly miniscule murmur, so quiet one must wonder if the person is saying anything at all. It came through the left speaker which (if the listener is facing the stereo) would go directly into the left ear and be recognized on the right hemisphere of the brain, which I once heard is the more emotional, "feely" portion of the mind.

Interesting.

Tokes
11-26-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by sidez
It came through the left speaker which (if the listener is facing the stereo) would go directly into the left ear and be recognized on the right hemisphere of the brain, which I once heard is the more emotional, "feely" portion of the mind.

Emotion is not believed to be localised in either hemisphere. They believe the main emotional centre is the Amygdala which is pretty much in the middle. But the right side of the brain is used for artistic expression more than the left side (which is used for arithmetic stuff). I think its because the right side processes spatial information (like rotation tests and stuff), so perhaps its more to do with thinking laterally. The right side also interprets facial expressions into emotions.

Spiral out, keep going.
- Tokes

hateandvaseline
11-30-2002, 09:25 AM
I do know what you are talking about, I turned the volume up to max, and it's inaudible. Weird. There was also (apparently) whispering in No Quarter.

sktfrkr
12-01-2002, 09:46 PM
dude it's not whispering. it's some guy talking at normal volume, sounded like a news broadcast at first. it goes on for like 10 seconds. no, i have no idea what he's saying. but i can clearly hear him when i listen with headphones and the volume very high.

dork
04-14-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by hateandvaseline
I do know what you are talking about, I turned the volume up to max, and it's inaudible. Weird. There was also (apparently) whispering in No Quarter.
They're there home dawg, Listen from 4:35-6 minutes or sumthing in reallllly closely, try fiddling with the headphone jack too. It's there.
some of you have bad ears.

Yiakovos
04-16-2003, 03:00 PM
Yea, the emotional part of the brain has all the wierd glands. So when you listen to this track, your brain is excreting confusion.

umbilicalchemist
01-26-2004, 11:54 AM
yeap it's sure it's there

actually the whispering is on the left channel of the track
u can see it by editing the waveform using a wave editor..

but it is in extremely low volume and the guitar mess up everything

i think using some kind of "only human vocals" filter
we could make out something...

..brushing up against a sigh like a thought ...

Stalkz
02-17-2004, 03:30 AM
It's actually Maynard saying "Let me stick my fist in your ass".

But that's not what he means.

Stalkz
02-17-2004, 03:50 AM
So yeah, I put it through TONS of cooledit filters, and I can't figure out a damn thing :(

AllforUnity
02-19-2004, 01:04 PM
l actually don't really hear it.

seges
02-21-2004, 10:19 PM
;(

AllforUnity
03-02-2004, 06:38 PM
l want to play Mantra fast.

exojjl
10-03-2004, 07:55 PM
l want to play Mantra fast.

hey guys. mess with the frequency of it in a sound editor program. You might come up with something. I will give it a try. Theres a vocal remover plugin for winamp. If you know anything about how it works, you would know you can remove guitars, or bass like removing vocals. Cooledit 2000 has some good stuff, ima try using it.

Triangular_Vision
10-06-2004, 07:57 AM
my soundcard has vocal isolating capabilities... and nothing that i can figure out can get it clear enough to even begin to understand... the problem with isolating the words is that is it crossfaded into the track with all the other effects and sounds as well. in order to properly "clean" the "whisper" you would need the original midi so that you can play only that sound. Otherwise, no matter what kind of filters or hardware you have, you can only do so much with digital siganls. If it were analog that might be a very slightly different story...

Cyanide ChrYst
10-06-2004, 09:22 PM
It's actually Maynard saying "Let me stick my fist in your ass".

But that's not what he means.

This kid just made an asshole out of every single one of you. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

I love you, stalkz.

TheHolyGift
11-01-2004, 03:27 PM
I never seem to catch any of this stuff, I've been cursed with crap ears.

Beautiful Unique Snowflake
11-02-2004, 12:20 PM
Yes, Tool is the greatest band around...
No, I will not munch 6 tabs and try to decifer the meaning of every song in 17 different contexts.